Cloning Gel

Gant

Good morning,

A simple question... Infected clones with Verticillium Wilt have been treated with Cloning Gel. Can that Gel be used again in healthy clones or is it already infected with fungi spores and will infect all plants treated?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

My best wishes to all.

Edited by Gant

Good morning,

A simple question... Infected clones with Verticillium Wilt have been treated with Cloning Gel. Can that Gel be used again in healthy clones or is it already infected with fungi spores and will infect all plants treated?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

My best wishes to all.

366739[/snapback]

Gant when dipping clones in gel it is commonly advised that you remove a portion of the gel from the bottle/container to use for dipping thereby ensuring that this type of contamination does not get carried back into the 'fresh' gel for future use. So if you have vert wilt then surely you risk transfer to clean tissue by reusing already contaminated gel.

Throw it away.

Yeah, if ya've dipped the infected ones in to the gel at any point, then throw it away dude.

I quite like to use the lids off of felt tip pens to pour the rooting gel into. Or, failing that, the lid off of an Irn-Bru bottle.

So if you have vert wilt then surely you risk transfer to clean tissue by reusing already contaminated gel.

Deffo. It just aint worth taking the chance.

:headpain:

Thank’s guys :)

I just don’t think it’s worth to make a try... all indicates the cloning gel to be infected already. Trash with it.

My best wishes to all.