High EC run off

sweettooth

I've trawled through all the high ec threads I can find so apologies for repeating anything that has been discussed already. Im using vitalink range of nutes with pure coco in 6L airpots and run to waste trays using hand watering everyday when lights go on.

I've never looked at ec levels before and have always had decent results but have spent a lot of time researching and improving every component of my setup since the purchase of a new zeus pro led light so picked up a blue label ec pen yesterday. 

I follow the feeding recommendations on the back of the bottles and tested my ec last night and have just tested my ec runoff tonight. my feed has an ec level of 2, currently I'm in week 5 of flower and make up 15L of feed at a time, this give each girl about 2 litres of feed. Im using 50ml of A, 50ml of B and 15ml of PK, soon to switch back to buddy. My ec runoff tonight was 4.2. Im guessing I either haven't been getting enough run off each time or my pots are drying out too much in-between daily feeds due to dehumidifier running. 

Girls look stunning,  ill sort a pic out tomo but I feel they may be better now I know my ec is too high so do I need to drop the ec of my feed or get bigger pots or feed more so im getting more run off? tonight as a test, I've just fed all 8 girls 30 litres between them to get a good run off.  Im tempted to go for an auto rhizo pot feeding system to take the pain out of the hand watering and ensure a constant regular feed as opposed to dumping a shit load once everyday.

Any advice is appreciated and very welcome... hence my post :)

Edited by sweettooth
ec pen

You're feeding way above the plants needs and getting lucky, they are tolerating it.  I'd consider 1.6 to be the highest you should need.  If you have something like extra traces, not sure of a vitalink comparable product, just use that at full strength for a feed and get a good 4L of run off per pot. Should bring it down a bit. Then I'd start feeding low, like 1.0ec with loads of run off each time till you get it down. 

Target of 1.4 in so 1.6ish out. 

cheers. im due to move of the pk 13 14 back to buddy so will check my ec tomorrow and also reduce my base A and B feed and give them a good run off again and restest. I might get some of that growers ark extra traces, always handy to have something in the cupboard. 

1 hour ago, Jstaff said:

@sweettooth I use the vitalink a+b coco

ive never gone over 2.5ml/l with gives me an ec of 1.5/1.6

I'm starting to learn that the measurements they give you are way too much. First time ever testing EC and such an insight, cant believe i never did before. Hoping to see much improved things now. Ran a large low 0.7 EC feed last night and will retest my runoff tonight.

• Like 1

So far so good, my run off is down to 2 - still on the high side but I've halfed the amount of my base nutrient (cost saving) and I think my ladies are already starting to thank me. This is currently mid week 6 of flower, the first pic is Gorilla Skittlez under a 465W Pro LED. The other pic is a mix of Gorilla Skitllez, Blue Dream, Mint OG and OGKZ under a 600w HPS. They look great but I do think my bud growth slowed down due to the high EC. I'm expecting bigger things on my next grow which I will do a diary for - these are Gorilla Skittlez again and Wedding Cake

large.Capture201.JPGlarge.Capture202.JPG

• Like 3