'Tiggerville' tardis loft build .

Ganggreen3

So im building a new loft room from a bare loft .....

The area isnt to bad tbh and i intend eventually to run 2 x 600 w ish diy leds but for now 1 x 600w hps will be used ...

large.20201120_235101_resize_66.jpg

More pics will be uploaded shortly .....

• Like 4

So if u look in pics youll notice a combi boiler feed pipe running through the room corner and an exhaust for said combi at bk of room .

I intend to lag the ex' pipe fully behind rear wall and bk fill area with rockwool to avoid to much heat getting into the room .

Im using loft boards for the floor and using up old cupboards etc to build the walls ,the roof will have rockwool between joists then thermal bubble wrap ,all internal walls / floor are being caulked sealed then walls also thermal  bubble covered .

On the outside the walls will be covered in rockwall.large.20201120_235139_resize_14.jpglarge.20201120_235149_resize_66.jpglarge.20201120_235129_resize_37.jpglarge.20201120_235239_resize_90.jpg

U gta love a free res' ;)lollol

GG 

• Like 4

Just a heads up as a gas engineer, if/when you get your boiler serviced (or even if it needs repairing at some point) the engineer will have to go into the loft to visually inspect the flue. Good to be aware of these things so you can put contingencies in place.

Looks like you'll have a sweet space to grow in though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, btk1977 said:

Just a heads up as a gas engineer, if/when you get your boiler serviced (or even if it needs repairing at some point) the engineer will have to go into the loft to visually inspect the flue. Good to be aware of these things so you can put contingencies in place.

Looks like you'll have a sweet space to grow in though!

The loft hatch will be locked and person with key wont be there when they do a check of boiler so damn sorry no acess u wanna call back another day etc lmao .....

GG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ganggreen3 said:

The loft hatch will be locked and person with key wont be there when they do a check of boiler so damn sorry no acess u wanna call back another day etc lmao .....

GG

:yep:  (they will have to 'at risk' the boiler, but if its your own place that's not an issue)

5 hours ago, Jstaff said:

@Ganggreen3 that’s a decent space you have there, I used to be a loft grower, as long as you insulate well you can get a decent environment.

Hope it goes well for you.

My 5th or 6th loft now but i prefer a normal room due to summer temps ;) hence leds 2nd run ;) .

My foil bubble wrap half filled a swb van son insulation wont be an issue imo ,i used to use celotex to build loft grooms but its cheaper this way just not as quick ....

I think ill be taking side walls a little wider than usable (due to pitch and to low) so the volumn of room is larger (sorts out volumn lost by triangle at top of roof instead of cube shaped room) .

I have a 5 " TT to draw air out from filter ,passives will be on top of sidewalls so cold air drops to btm of room over canopy ,if this runs to hot ill switch TT to in and put a rvk 6" out to get my negative pressure .

Monday i will be hitting it hard look out for more pics in the evening .

I intend to run a rtw alien (DIY build brain) system on coco at first then pebbles DWC as im tired of bags of coco or bloody soaking bales lmao :wallbash:.

GG :skin_up::yinyang:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, btk1977 said:

:yep:  (they will have to 'at risk' the boiler, but if its your own place that's not an issue)

No council lol but ill build room so that 1/2 of bk wall ,side walls and front are removable ,so should it need droppin asap it can be (and leave floor down as 'storage' and fill it ;))

GG :yinyang:

Edited by Ganggreen3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ganggreen3 said:

No council lol but ill build room so that 1/2 of bk wall ,side walls and front are removable ,so should it need droppin asap it can be (and leave floor down as 'storage' and fill it ;))

GG :yinyang:

lol Yeh that would do the trick nicely, you'll be able to buy 24h or so if need be with the 'i don't have the key on me' excuse but with it being council they won't just leave it with an AR. Figured best to give you heads up so you can incorporate a plan into your design at this stage, rather than being caught unawares.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

cant wait to see this, with my loft grow i have a 4" sucking in from the ceiling in the airing cupboard in toilet.

this room has a stable temp all year,

i the use a 315 watt cmh  and i usually yeild about 12 ounces.

fuck im stoned haha

• Like 2