volcano advice

erbivore9

7 hours ago, erbivore9 said:

Thanks. New problem is I have found a good price(£245) and  it comes with a uk plug but in the specs it says 110v which cant be right, what would be the point in having a uk plug if a transformer was needed?.

Buyer beware :)

If it seems too good to be true, 

It's probably fake or imported from a country which doesn't have the same consumer rights we have. 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 19/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Mines got the solid valve so you make your own bags when needed that’s the better long term option , the quick ones are disposable and not very environmentally friendly imho . The bowl has a plunger and I live in my own and can use maybe .2 for a smaller bag . You can also use capsules to use less , just don’t push the plunger down hard .so with the solid valve you can either use genuine volcano ones or quality large roasting bags , personally I use the genuine ones .

you can replace the easy valve bags too now. I have easy valve and replace the bag and keep the mouth pieces no problem. Easy valve is far better. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tried it and used the pad to limit the amount of herb used got 5 bags of visible vapour on full temp which due to the bag idesign is smooth and cooled already. even if the mouthpiece is a bit hot 

I have a solo and that can burn my mouth and give me horrid mouth.

I got the classic easy valve and am impressed after one try.

Use the lotus butane for other times it's a sound design so I guess someone will issue a cheaper reworking

I don't ever use any adapter for different amounts of weed on my Volcano chamber.

If I want to get caned, I fill it up; if I only have a bit of weed, the screen at the bottom is just covered. Works just as well, I fill up the same sized bag and use the same temperature.

One thing to try - I use to (don't now, but did) run the chamber through at 5 or 6, then run it again at 9/highest. It seems to 'distill' off different highs. The 9 high won't be like a 9 high from fresh, unvaped bud, but it will be different in my experience.

A friend gave me an Easy Valve to try - I could not get it to work properly at all; the chamber is great and the valve is good, but vapour just poured out the sides like when the Solid Valve gets chunky and isn't sealing right. I put it away and when I came back to it I realised the whole bag attached to the Easy Valve has a split right down one side of the bag! Do'h!

@Nick Berry 

I think your classic is running a little cool

After I dropped mine, I found the pics over at volcanotips handy for reference of how it should be inside.

Comparing mine to the pics, I noticed the drop had bent the plate that holds the knob so I bent that back to a 90 degree angle which fixed my low temp issue so I'm back to vaping at 6.5ish and 10 is too dark for me again now.

6 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

@Nick Berry 

After I dropped mine, I found the pics over at volcanotips handy for reference of how it should be inside.

Comparing mine to the pics, I noticed the drop had bent the plate that holds the knob so I bent that back to a 90 degree angle which fixed my low temp issue so I'm back to vaping at 6.5ish and 10 is too dark for me again now.

On my old classic 8 was about the highest i could use it which gave the same effect as the hybrid does on 198c

11 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

@Nick Berry 

It's probably just me as I've only 3 days stopped combusting I may prefer lower temps in time?

the vaped product looks cooked and by bag 3-4 you get a faint popcorn taste so all seems good 

• Like 1

I tried the dose cap went straight back to the Brillo pad as it seems to work on different amounts as well?

I debating crafty/mighty those caps would be ideal. The caddy all branded is not for me get 3 plain ones half the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Iv had a digi for years I love the thing got the easy valve people bring up the pump and bag noise didn’t really notice it till read people saying it’s a negative point on here. Got it cheap was used once and they didn’t like the hit of a vaporiser price is steep but can’t fault them always delivers.

TS