volcano advice

erbivore9

So I finally removed the last bit of baccy from my joints 3 weeks ago and since then have felt like vaping is an option again. The solo I have is ok but I dont like sucking the heat or the downward spiral of flavour that you get, so I thought a balloon style desktop would be better for getting it all in one bag. The Volcano classic seems a good option but I am unsure if it is suitable for single person use as I dont want to use lots of weed in one sitting and it claims to have a 1g bowl, also I dont want to be buying lots of overpriced bits and pieces to keep it going. Can someone tell me what the minimum amount of weed the bowl will work with is and if there are any unseen problems or extra expenses that are not apparent, thanks.

The other thing is I have found deals for £275 delivered which seems cheap but it slightly worries me that maybe not all volcano deals are equal and basic stuff is missing or reduced, like bag numbers.

Edited by erbivore9

you could fill the balloon a few times from a full bowl depending on the temperature you set, 1g could last all day if you are a light toker

• Like 2

Mines got the solid valve so you make your own bags when needed that’s the better long term option , the quick ones are disposable and not very environmentally friendly imho . The bowl has a plunger and I live in my own and can use maybe .2 for a smaller bag . You can also use capsules to use less , just don’t push the plunger down hard .so with the solid valve you can either use genuine volcano ones or quality large roasting bags , personally I use the genuine ones .

• Like 5

@erbivore9 Well done for ditching the dreaded tobacco. :punk:Be proud of yourself.

For desk top I am a Volcano fan here. Solid valve system show off S&B’s commitment to quality and decent manufacturing more so than the easy valve. That said I prefer the easy valve due to it being lighter in weight and less bulky.

Analogue or Digi there’s no difference in performance both outstanding. Analogue being better value for money.

Easy valve can also be fit with the bags off the roll. Youtube have got a few vids showing how.

Replacement gauzes are required on both valve types but that doesn’t have to happen often at all if you keep on top of minimal and basic cleaning duties.

I’ve just ground up 0.2g and :-

Temp 190 C

First bag 10/10

Second bag 10/10

Third bag 8/10

Fourth bag 6/10

Fifth bag 5/10

could probably get one or two more if times were hard.

Ps Good night :hippy::hippy::hippy::smokin:

Pps I got one more bag lol 

6 bags ftom 0.2g 

E2a . A bit of context is needed too maybe. MrsB does not consume cannabis. If she was to have bag no.7 now, she’d be stoned I reckon. 
A little goes further than expected in Volcano’s.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

is only my wife uses the volcano nowadays, i dont keep count but she must go through as many as 30 bags in a 24 hour period, i fill 3 at a time sometimes in the middle of the night. she's bedridden nowadays and getting very confused, i wonder what her head must be like, i give her oxycodone every 3 to 4 hours plus gaberpentin 3 times everyday and other stuff, if i had her problems its how i would like my mind to be, her reality is very shit

• Like 3

Love my Cano but the size of the unit, the crinkling bags and the noisy fan aren't for everyone lol

I've never had to buy anything extra for my solid valve system altho you may be interested in the reducer and capsule adapter they do for vaping smaller loads (0.1 - 0.15g ish) with the Easy Valve system.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

reducer and capsule adapter they do for vaping smaller loads (0.1 - 0.15g ish) with the Easy Valve system.  

:yep:

Thanks all, I think what I am aiming for is draining a hit(or close to) in one bag to give an even tasting delivery, its the main reason the solo isnt enough, the first 2-3 pulls are tasty, the rest increasingly not.

• Like 1

Noise of pump and crinkling bags as said are the neg's ,huge bowl unless you use the reducer, or go the better option of solid valve , as you can vairy the depth of ground matter in it.

I find the medium roasting bags are a good one hitter :)

I use an Herbalaire

Atb :oldtoker:

Edited by Clumsy

So I have been looking around and confusion has set in. They seem to come with easy valve but working out exactly what adaptors/extras are needed to use smaller amounts isnt straight forward, do I need to buy a solid valve set or do the reducers work with the easy valve kit. Also it seems the easy valve sets are able to change bags now so is there another reason to spend £80 on the solid valve set?.

3 minutes ago, erbivore9 said:

do the reducers work with the easy valve kit.

Dosing capsule adapter is compatible with easy valve only. :yep:

• Like 1

Thanks. New problem is I have found a good price(£245) and  it comes with a uk plug but in the specs it says 110v which cant be right, what would be the point in having a uk plug if a transformer was needed?.

1 hour ago, bartman said:

Dosing capsule adapter is compatible with easy valve only. :yep:

Or you use a cap with solid valve as I do sometimes ...