What vape?

Growgreen

Have got the original arizer solo which I’ve had for about 6/7 years now, still works fine but needs charging a lot more regularly. Anyway, looking at getting myself a new one, thinking about a plug in one as can still use my solo for if I’m out and about, what do people recommend? I’d love a volcano but the price is steep for me to push, been looking at the arizer extreme q. Anyone got one or can recommend any other at all? Ideally be around the £100-£200 mark, though I can go higher if need be. I’m over three years without a smoke just after something to give me a bigger hit and to get me bollocksed! Any help or advice is very much appreciated. Cheers. GG.

• Like 3

Hi from my experence the volcano is best if you want a bag set up(of ones ive tried) , can get for sub £200 on evilbay, plenty is as it says on the tin , arizer fan died i opened it up and the air goes over the elecs ,Yuk used for 3 years before i found that out.

i have had and have these , dont buy a hybrid unless reall cheap , lots of plastic in the build , hope this is some help.

• Like 1

Wow, I’m surprised by bad workmanship from arizer, Canadian generally means built to last, my solo alone proves that. Evil bay scares me with shit like that, god knows how they’ve been treated and if they’ve been taken care of, but I do like the idea of a bag system, can have a bit and leave for a while. And yep, the flowerpot is a touch out of my price range unfortunately. Just been looking at vape fiends site, and on here, it appears the tinymight seems a damn good choice even though it’s another portable. If I can get one!! 

Edited by Growgreen
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Growgreen said:

Just been looking at vape fiends site, and on here, it appears the tinymight seems a damn good choice even though it’s another portable. If I can get one!! 

if you can get one it really is, awesome portable and a decent contender for a home vape, you can get water tool adapters which let you use it on glass bongs :yep:

might have to try ordering direct or sending vapefiend an email asking when they expect the next drop but you'll have to be quick on the re-stock as they fly.

I started with the original solo (which is still working btw) and upgraded to the solo 2 a few years ago, miles ahead of the original in all departments.

The glass from the original fits the 2 as well which is a bonus...recommended...:yep:

Probably in stock at Vapefiend...:yep:

:oldtoker:

1 hour ago, hash72 said:

i love the volcano but the bags are expensive to buy

I used to make my own bags from turkey roasting bags when I had a Volcano.....they were never as good as the proper ones though.

• Like 2

I still think the Herborizer is cheap for what it is.

They say the Silver Surfer can be transformed into a real heavy hitter by adding some borosilicate balls to the heater

Similarly, the Elev8R with a 16mm coil and some borosilicate glass balls is a crazy cheap all glass setup altho not quite as big a hitter as the Herbo and modded SS.

The butane vapes often get overlooked as old tech but can still produce the goods imo. Right now I'm vaping using a DiY setup comprising of an 18mm female whip adapter, an 18mm male/male adapter with a gauze in the joint for a bowl, and a kitchen torch, to make cloudz that compare to the flowerpot performance for less than a tenner (inspired by the Piro, Stickybricks, Dreamwoods, Modpod Jetpack, Nova .... which are all worth a looksie (and copyable for a tenner lol))  

@callywally I think I'd rather have a Sapphire or the Spirit (with a removable 18650) from Vapefiend 

• Like 1

The Hybrid is built with a plastic inner the same shape as the stainless part and they use a stiff printed strip of wires like pc's have to join from display to inner board Will break if moved more than a few times as they tend to , the air path has a moving valve in unlike classic an can be annoying rattle in use (mine anyhow).

wish i had stayed with the classic for simple cleaning out etc.

I'm just looking to replace my Herbalaire v1 after 7 years hard service. 

It's been dropped from 5ft onto concrete many, many times (used to vape in garage)  and suffered the usual abuse and is still going fairly strong :)

No grinding, little mess, thick creamy bags. I'll be getting another one when funds allow and I can find one

Highly recommend Herbalaire, also Dynavap M and Sai Taf

Atb :oldtoker:

E2a I've replaced the pump once on the Herbalaire

Edited by Clumsy
  • Like 2

Just out of interest has anyone ever purchased from namaste vaporizers? They’ve the volcano hybrid for £350 which seems really cheap and has got me counting the pennies. I’ve used vape fiend in the past and they’re great, but that is a cheap price. 

Edited by Growgreen