TNC Mychorr hydro, anyone used it?

badbillybob

@badbillybob look into building a biofilter that you run from your header tank. I had one for my rdwc to try and fight cyanobacteria and it done the best job rather then putting it over the balls or in the tank itself. 

It's basically a bucket that is full of media for the good bacteria to grow on, some sort of filter material. Water comes in the bottom through a pipe with two elbows facing opposite directions to make the water swirl it goes up through the filter and media then overflows out a pipe in the top back into your header tank also creating oxygen.

You put the tnc mycorrhydro in here and it stops it caking everything In brown crap.

I used it in my rdwc and even with bad cyanobacteria blooms I still managed to pull 37oz of 6 autos.

• Like 3

That's the video I used to get a understanding and basically just copied but in a 5 litre bucket using a maxijet1000 pump. Hope this helps mate :bong:

• Like 1

it only needs used once, to colonise the root zone. 

here it is today, doesnt look too clever if you ask me, and thats putting it mildlylarge.8.JPG

and heres another one without the tnc in it, looks a lot betterlarge.7.JPG

the one nearest the camera is the mycorr one, large.6.JPG

thats a week now, here she is, roots are poking out the bottom of the net pot, but plant is pretty smalllarge.3.JPGlarge.5.JPG comapred to its neighbours

thats the problem with using only one plant as a reference. the inside of the tote is looking disgusting, but i'll rinse it out and clean it properly at the start of the week when i change them out

res changed out, the mycorr one has been reset to 0.6 ec and 5.7 ph, willl see if there is any difference now.

This is a new room and, as usual there is always something you dont think of isnt there?

i didnt really realise how much the intake fan was affecting the nute temps (16 degrees ooops),  it was on a really low setting too, due to the aircooled hoods sucking the temps down.

so i moved the mycorr to the middle and put a bit of board where the intake comes into the room to divert the air sideways, instead of cooling the solution in the first tote

inside of the tote was gross, lumps of this stuff on the bottom underside of lid and sides of tote were brown, so its safe to say i wouldnt recommend it for a recirculating system..

Hopefully it will perk up. 

• Like 5

seems to work then, heres the same treated  plant today, looking healthier than most in my room. 2nd pic is its bubbler neighbour. 

im thinking i should have done the bubbler plants in my big room too, but i still wont be putting it in my recirculating system, unless i had the seedling with roots out of the cube, and just say dipped the roots in cloning gel, then sprinkled a little bit  of the mycorr powder on it., before putting it in the system.  This way, when it grows the roots will come through the gel, hit the mycorr get innoculated, then grow into the res below, with minimal brown staining, thats about the only way i can think of short of putting them all in bubblers for a week, innoculating them, then transplanting them into the system, which seems like a faff. ach it seems to help anyway so id say - if in doubt - use it.large.8.JPGlarge.7.JPG

• Like 1

ive added this to my 2 bubbler green poisons today.

im a convert, for bubblers anyway, the one i dosed in the shed of doom is probably the healthiest plant in the room now, so fuggitt.

i know im gonna have to clean out the buckets , once its been bubbling away in there for a week or so, but its a small price to pay.

i should really buy some of Zen kens tea bag ones, but its christmas and im skint, and this stuff does the same thing.....

overall, id say, yes its definitely beneficial (gedditt eh, beneficial eh, eh, beneficial bacteria and all  that, eh eh, ...im  here all week)

• Like 5