Harkers mectin in flower?

TotalNoob

I’ve ordered some Harkers mectin for my spider mite problem but unsure whether to use the 1ml per litre on my flowering plants 4 weeks in.

if it’s not going to come out when I flush them then I will spray my tent down with them in a months time.

anybody used it before? Tips? Thanks

I've got little bottles of mectin but did'nt use them because when i went to the horticulture store i was offered another type of multi pest remover which was suitable for edible crops, lettuces and fruit etc ect. The bottle uses concentrated plant derived toxins which are safe for us to consume, off top of head there is marigold flowers or seeds extract and some other common flower extract, i can go check if your interested. It needs to be used weekly but really keeps them in check up till chop. Just to mention, there are effective alternatives. :yinyang:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, schmoak said:

I've got little bottles of mectin but did'nt use them because when i went to the horticulture store i was offered another type of multi pest remover which was suitable for edible crops, lettuces and fruit etc ect. The bottle uses concentrated plant derived toxins which are safe for us to consume, off top of head there is marigold flowers or seeds extract and some other common flower extract, i can go check if your interested. It needs to be used weekly but really keeps them in check up till chop. Just to mention, there are effective alternatives. :yinyang:

that sounds good, yes I would appreciate it if you could respond back here whenever you get a minute, that would be great!

Yes, have the bottle here, the active ingredients are Pyrethrin (chrysanthemums) and rape seed oil extract.

my bottle is by Batlle (spanish) and is called "Insect Kill" the recipe is hundreds of years old. :book:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Found mites 4 weeks into flower under scrog, hadnt seen them before so didn't know what to look for and only noticed them after they were EVERYWHERE! Webs around stems but luckily not near buds.. Tried SBPI but didn't make a difference.

Was no chance of covering the entire plant on both sides of the leaves because they were under the net so I just sprayed every inch that I could possibly get to, 1ml per litre and crossed my fingers..

It worked! Was expecting leaves to die, flowers to rot, but nothing like that! 1st time running this strain so can't comment on difference in yield, I'd say it knocked them back by a week but it definitely saved the crop.. If you can find an organic solution then give it a try but if not Harkers will work, sooner the better though

• Like 1