Plant Magic Plus Old Timer Feeding Schedule...

speedwell68

Hi, I am going to give the Plant Magic Plus Old Timer range a try.  I am going to use the Bloom, PK 4-8 and the Old Timer Magnesium (I know it is just Epsom Salts, but it came as part of a bundle and saves me going out to buy any Epsom Salts).  I am going to use this schedule as a guide to help me get my new setup dialled in...

How often should I feed?  I am currently watering every day.  Should I feed every time I water or should I be doing it weekly or every time?

Just looking for suggestions really?

Edited by Dodgee
Remove off-site link

When your feeding the plants, you want to soak the soil enough so there's some run off in the saucer, this shows you that the soil is saturated, then you leave them a few days (depending on what size of pot your using)

& you learn by lifting the pots to see how light they are,  over time you'll learn when the plants need watered just by looking at the leafs.

Also, its worth pointing out that PM soil only has a light supply of nutrients in it, so you'll be needing to add grow nutes after  10 days or so, another thing to consider when using Nutes is your water quality out of the tap,

some areas of the UK has soft or hard water & you need to find out what your water quality is, you'll find this on your water suppliers website.

Another thing to make you aware of is that OT Oldtimer nutes are organic, so its better to use make the feed up fresh for every feeding, cause if you leave organic nutes standing for days, it goes off & fungus starts to grow.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

When your feeding the plants, you want to soak the soil enough so there's some run off in the saucer, this shows you that the soil is saturated, then you leave them a few days (depending on what size of pot your using)

& you learn by lifting the pots to see how light they are,  over time you'll learn when the plants need watered just by looking at the leafs.

Also, its worth pointing out that PM soil only has a light supply of nutrients in it, so you'll be needing to add grow nutes after  10 days or so, another thing to consider when using Nutes is your water quality out of the tap,

some areas of the UK has soft or hard water & you need to find out what your water quality is, you'll find this on your water suppliers website.

Another thing to make you aware of is that OT Oldtimer nutes are organic, so its better to use make the feed up fresh for every feeding, cause if you leave organic nutes standing for days, it goes off & fungus starts to grow.

Brilliant post, thanks.

My water is soft and fairly PH neutral, I test it regularly as I have a hot tub.  I'm not using the Plant Magic soil mix as it contains Peat, I am using Westland's New Horizon, it is the only premixed I can find locally that doesn't contain peat, the use of Peat is unsustainable.  They claim 4 - 6 weeks on the bag, I take that with a pinch of salt and start them on a weak solution after a couple of weeks.

I mix my nutes in old pop bottles as they are an accurate measure of volume and give the plants a measured amount each time, 600ml seems to give me a little runoff under each pot and I get minimal wastage.  Anything that is left over goes on the wife's house plants.

• 6 months later...

Hi folks 

Maybe this thread can help me. I'm planning on using oldtimers organic, but don't fully understand  the schedule, confused as when to go to 12-12

Please help 

@carlmarx do you have a grow diary on the go?

Often this is the best way to get assistance. 

A picture is worth a thousand words :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

Get one going and people will be able to see how the plants are getting on and be able to offer advice along the way :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

You want your final pot rooted before going 12/12, I like the plants to be sexually mature too so they'll be showing preflowers and staggered nodes. Don't get too hung up on feeding schedules, they're largely a waste of time.

There are factors which might change when you start to flower, say if you have low headroom etc

• Like 3

On 23/05/2021 at 1:21 AM, carlmarx said:

Hi folks 

Maybe this thread can help me. I'm planning on using oldtimers organic, but don't fully understand  the schedule, confused as when to go to 12-12

Please help 

Switch them to 12/12 no less than 8 weeks from germination, but TBH 12 weeks is better.  I left a dozen plants in veg for nearly six months and the difference is obvious, it is the best weed I have ever grown.  So I have setup a second propagation tent so I have room.

Thanks for all the advice I got on using Old Timers, I used all the information at hand and a bit of trial and error to work out my own feeding schedule.  Old Timers is proper good stuff, so simple to use and not badly priced.  I have just restocked, £35 for a 1L Tri Pack of Organic Grow, Bloom and PK48.

• Like 1

Thx lads for the info... I'm gonna follow the chart and veg 8 weeks using organic grow with root stimulator and try follow the schedule best I can. 

11 hours ago, carlmarx said:

Thx lads for the info... I'm gonna follow the chart and veg 8 weeks using organic grow with root stimulator and try follow the schedule best I can. 

I only followed the schedule for Bloom.  I found there was enough into the compost to keep them looking good for the first 4 weeks, all they got was 1tsp per litre of Epsom Salts every week.  Then went in at 50% of recommended until I flowered them.

• Like 2