dinafem dreams in the scrog screens

badbillybob

evening ladies and gents, another grow has started, and i wasnt gonna bother with a diary, but my memory is crap and i will at least know when i last changed out the res. 

This one is in the big room, where im doing (hopefully) a couple of trees too. 

This lot will be done in my big room.

its got a 9 pot rdwc system in it, under 4 x 600 hps and a little LED.

Ionic nutrients will be used, along with H&G roots excellerator and canna cal mag.

i had a few fatalities early on and never bothered replacing them so i was left with 3 empty pots, soooooo, ive punted the trees to one side of the room, and the dinafem ladies to the other. while wondering how i could get a couple of weeks extra veg out of the trees, i thought , how will i hold back the others, so ive broken out the screens, and will scrog them within an inch of thier lives hahaha. 

So the screens have 2 inch squares in  them and will be fixed securely to the timbers and will not move. i will put some effort in and train them till i run out of room, at which point ill flip the lot. 

the LED will be moved over to the tree side for some extra side lighting for them. 

Plants are nearing 4 weeks veg and have been topped multiple times.strains are a mix of critical, moby and blue cheese, and are from the seeds i had off my last lot, which hermied due to lighting ballast issues (it kept switching off and on throughout the dark period)

I hope they wont hermie, but will keep my eyes on them very closely, once they show sex.

So thats the lowdown heres the pics. 

large.6.JPGlarge_13.JPGlarge_12.JPGlarge_11.JPGlarge.9.JPG

• Like 16

Always like a good scrog .To me this is the perfect size mesh to use when scroging   2 inch squares . 

Pulls up a chair,set up is interseting i bet you could grow some huge Kate Bushes in those tubs.

Nice cultivars blue cheese and moby.Crit always good on the yield side of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exhale said:

oh mate your hygrometer looks proper sad bless him.

hes no grower, that thermometer blokey, he gets sad when its over 25 degrees....

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Following along :)

Atb

:yinyang:

cool welcome aboard

1 hour ago, hashi said:

Always like a good scrog .To me this is the perfect size mesh to use when scroging   2 inch squares . 

Pulls up a chair,set up is interseting i bet you could grow some huge Kate Bushes in those tubs.

Nice cultivars blue cheese and moby.Crit always good on the yield side of things.

yep, 2 inch square is ideal for scrogging. i havnt done a scrog for a few years, but will put some effort into this one, will train them outwards, lots of budsites hopefully.

the moby is the best yeilder ive had, it always seems to do more than critical for me, but will see, they can all yeild well if grown properly, i suppose. 

they seem to have slowed a bit this week, probably due to my brutal topping sesh on Tuesday Wednesday, i topped the tops about 10 days ago, then tooppped a load of side branches too about 3 days ago, they are probably shocked a bit, but im sure they will come back.

the roots on them look pretty good, which is a bonus

previous Kate Bushes, more of the same would be nicelarge_100.JPG

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 11

Nice kate bushes  badbillybob.Like you saying a good trained scrog can really give you a good yield.

Love that show Mc Hazy tis very funny.

• Like 2

Screens are down now, res is changed last night. 

Feeds are 1.1EC and ph is 5.9

some pics for you will be a couple more weeks i think before i can look to flipping them, but they are mostly indicas so tend to stay short any way. i wil be ttraining them through the first week of flip anyway which will hopefully fill the screens.

SOme pics. large.5.JPGlarge.4.JPGlarge.3.JPGlarge.1.JPG

• Like 8

Well ive got some spare seeds of these same varieties to go into the shed room, which i have finally finiahsed after a few leak issues and a major pump issue, it was humming like a boeing 747 on take off. i ditched the pump for a smaller one which is virtually silent.

almost ready for lift off. 

ignore the temps, it was literally just switched on, and im still waiting for a ballast, for the open reflector by the door. but its getting there, ive cranked it up to 400w, will check in a minute see how its going.

booom!!

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 9

here we go! you aiming for that 1kg plant with this lot mate?, or have you already achieved that, and if so can i rent you out for a consultation at my gaff? lol

• Like 2

hahaha, nah mate ive not tried for the kilo plant yet.

i will do though, next year (probably fall flat on my face now ive said that hey?)

im waiting for a rather special LED light to arrive, but it wont be here untill the end of January.

im going for some more dinafem genetics in here- from my breeding programme :fart: i, just to see how they do.

They are sitting in the propogator, waiting on this bloody ballast, that i ordered over a fortnight ago, to arrive. ive been given a load of bullshit excuses from the shop as to why its not here, but im eternally hopefull it will land this week, then things can get started. ive asked twice for tracking info, i dont think they had sent it as they wouldnt give me the tracking number, all i got was that it had been sent to Ireland by mistake, yeah course it has, Ireland and Scotland, easy mistake to make......my arse........

id do free consultations, probably wouldnt help tho haha

• Like 3