Seed Storage Advice ?

Danco

Not sure if this is the correct area for the post however seeing as it relates to Dinafem i thought i would post here.

After my current diary i will have used all my current seeds up and i have my eye on a few strains from a few different places. I have stored seeds in the past in the backs of cupboards, Aswel as In a box and in an airtight container in the fridge but have never had enough seeds to worry about leaving them for too long. This time im looking to stock up on a few seeds and looking to spend more than usual so wondering if any one has ever came across any specific seed storage boxes or anything that could be used to store a little bank of seeds safely for a period of at least a couple of years. 

Failing this it will just be a sealed air tight dark container in the fridge as normal.:yep:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danco said:

Failing this it will just be a sealed air tight dark container in the fridge as normal.:yep:

I think that's what most people would advise

• Like 1

Mine are just in the jiffy bag they got delivered in, on the top shelf of the fridge door.

Maybe ill upgrade to a fancy tin at some point lol

• Like 1

For longer term storage I used to keep them in the freezer, had some shark shock in there for 3-4 years that all germinated successfully. 

• Like 1

so i use re-usable silica.....reduce the hunmidity as low as i can...abt 20% ....then vacuum....then in the freeser......at -18

if i use a portion of the seeds....first let them come to room temperature slowly...then open...

for 1 year storage...same treatment but..just in de cooling at +3/5 or so...

Edited by DutchFox

2 hours ago, Danco said:

Not sure if this is the correct area for the post however seeing as it relates to Dinafem i thought i would post here.

After my current diary i will have used all my current seeds up and i have my eye on a few strains from a few different places. I have stored seeds in the past in the backs of cupboards, Aswel as In a box and in an airtight container in the fridge but have never had enough seeds to worry about leaving them for too long. This time im looking to stock up on a few seeds and looking to spend more than usual so wondering if any one has ever came across any specific seed storage boxes or anything that could be used to store a little bank of seeds safely for a period of at least a couple of years. 

this is the dina fem advice...:skin_up:

https://www.dinafem.org/en/faq/best-storing-conditions/

Usual Teqnique it is then, I guess you could say I’m just looking for an excuse to get a fancy little storage box, not that this hobby doesn’t cost me enough as it is :B)::pizza: