vincey toots and his speedy boots

vince noir rock n roll star

thanks for stopping by ..as we head into the final week or so for the remaining autos ..

the first lot were very thin on the buddage ..these are making up for my mistakes early on ..and the frosty nature of them means im going to be enjoying these far more than the first lot..which i must say did make some rather strong butter ..

plenty to catch up on as i missed me update last week ..so ..for the more conscientious growers out there heres what i did this week ...

gave them a litre of water each ..dun dun durrrrrrr ..

large.IMG_4784.JPGlarge.IMG_4782.JPGlarge.IMG_4785.JPGlarge.IMG_4788.JPG

the squat gelato ..ive chopped the main stem out now to allow the lowers to fatten up a bit ..smells a fruity tutti this one does .

large.IMG_4789.JPGlarge.IMG_4790.JPGlarge.IMG_4792.JPGlarge.IMG_4793.JPG

some of the thrippy speedy boots that are finally catching up ..

large.IMG_4804.JPGlarge.IMG_4808.JPG

the remaining autos ..

large.IMG_4805.JPGlarge.IMG_4803.JPG

then the tall gelato

large.IMG_4801.JPGlarge.IMG_4802.JPGlarge.IMG_4800.JPGlarge.IMG_4798.JPG

currently standing at 3ft tall ..i dont normally tolerate such tallness but hey its a gelato ..

large.IMG_4796.JPG

and this little black cream has been chopped .

well all i can say that was an easy competition ,complete with major fuck ups ..still got me some buddage at the end for very very little effort ..my kinda growing ,my kinda competition ..

til next week ..dont sweat the small stuff .

• Like 12

@vince noir rock n roll star having a catch up on everyones diaries after a few weeks of chaos where my forum visits were a bit fleeting. Good to see that the bath helped get things under control and those purples and blacks look beautiful. Don't know how you cope with so many varieties on the go at the same time! Was pulling my hair out with two not all that long ago when they wanted completely different feed levels lol 

Looking forwards to seeing them dried and hearing what the smoke was like!

• Like 2

well another week is creeping up ..water is the order of the day here ..the final two autos ..one speedy boot and one tall gelato are on the final push ..so ..give em a cup of water each ..dun dun durr ..the most exciting diary entry ever .. lol

the shorter the diary the better the smoke or something like that .

large.DSCN0124.JPGlarge.DSCN0122.JPG

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

well its all done and dusted for another year ..i must say though every year i seem to be doing less and less lol ..

everything basically all went in the butter pot apart from some samples for me which are curing off in a humidor .so smoke report comes later ..for now thats it ..how not to grow in wellington boots

the things i suffer for in the name of science .

a big thank you to the sweet seeds people , @Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp and  @Sweet Seeds Apolo for hosting such an awesome competition all these years ,and always happy to be a part ...the wooden spoon is mine yet again surely ..

will 2022 be a hatrick ?

large.IMG_4812.JPGlarge.IMG_4818.JPG

ps the cream caramel cbd is still chugging along at right angles .

large.IMG_4811.JPG

• Like 13

• 2 months later...

bout time i closed this competition with a smoke report

bare in mind half of the plants were ruined before they got going by using non ph`ed coco mix and wellington boots that had not been calibrated ..size 2s as well ..which has to count for someting ..

anyway ..i got a smoke out of all of them which i cant complain at ,i also cant complain because ALL the mistakes were solely mine from the off ..sometimes having a compartmentalised brain doesnt work out too well .

but on a plus note since the last comp plant was chopped i did a wash down ,changed soils ,went back to basics yet again and produced a few very decent versions of the comp plants .

right then ..

plus speeds ...even the single skinner pheno had that slightly fuelly critical plus taste ..i find critical to be a great everyday smoke ..its not too offensive smell wise ,gets you to a happy place but wont ruin the night .so i was pleased with the one that did work out well ..citrussy fuelly after a month in the jar ..good solid 7/10 all day long

next up was the sweet auto gelatos ..this turned interesting as i had one short pheno which was chocolate limes after a month and strength could catch a newbie out ..few times i found myself with droopy eyelids trying to work out how charlie dimmock became so big when shes in a very active job ..turned out to be one of my favourites of the competition ..for an auto the strength hits home well ..

the other tall pheno of auto gelato ..well ..i wonder if it was gelato at all ..in fact every smoke i kept telling myself ..i cant believe its not butter ..yep butter ..everything about it was buttery flavoured ..the strength and effect was exactly the same as the shorty but ..you could smear this on toast and not know any different ..really smooth lovely smoke ..

the third and final plants were the black creams ..i would say for a novelty smoke they are bloody nice ..all three turned out to be leaning to the orangey side of citrus ..with that tell tale cream caramel twang to it ..cypress i think sweet seeds call it ..either way ..they arent great yeilders in general but a genuinely lovely smoke that challenges the taste buds ..hence why i keep coming back to them year after year as a little treat ..

so there we go ...another year done n dusted ..another spoon for the trophy collection ..and i was never ever going to compete against some of you young bucks ..i had a look through each diary and boy i ask myself ..why do i do it ..the answer ...cos its there and all support for sweet seeds needs to be shown ..a genuinely great company with generous values as is evident from the prizes available ..

so thank you yet again tommy ,apollo jayp and the sweet seeds team ...just being a part of something so special is reward enough ..til next year and maybe hopefully just for once ..life will slow down and ill get it right ..

all the best and muchos congratulations to winners of the growers of the months ,truly showing some uber grow skills this year ..all of you ..

vince ..the wooden spoon king .

b

• Like 12

On 08/11/2020 at 5:32 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

what other things spring to mind when speed is mentioned ?

The hair on my head standing on end, loads of housework getting done and no sleep all night, and waiting outside the earliest opening mini Mart at 6 bells in the morning trying to buy a bottle of vodka so I can get off this fuking buzz lollol

Edited by Revive
  • Like 5

I would have liked you to have had no problems with the growing and to have had an abundant harvest, but we cannot always have everything.

At least you got a taste of them.  :oldtoker:

Thank you very much for trusting us.

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

• Like 4

trust ya say ...thats why ive planted a chem beyond diesel ,a cbd cream caramel ,and a couple of other strains ..

cheers v

• Like 2