Rosin presses - best EU available, in stock, plug and play presses

Nervous

@Nervous checkout dulytek on the big river site. I saw feedback from a UK buyer complaining about import tax. Also, google dulytek and check the reddit post, really keen to give info etc until something goes wrong by the looks of it. Good thread, I’m thinking of buying a decent one. Hopefully some reviews will come through :yep:

• Like 1

@Flamedodger I've had a look at Dulytek and there shouldn't be any import taxtes on Slamazon otherwise it would be mentioned in the listing. I think it's meant to be UK stock? 

I managed to find a listing for Dabpress plates and a controller so I'm just focusing on getting a decent 20 ton press now (probably sgs engineering as Arthur suggested). After doing a bit of research I wouldn't buy a whole unit (press/controller/plates combo) even if it was from Dabpress. Dabpress only have a very limited warranty on their presses (6 months :thumbdown:) which is shit really! Imagine having to replace the entire unit if something went tits up. You just won't find the kind of warranties that you will with a separate press and you can then replace the plates when required rather than an entire unit.     

@Nervous the only things that can go wrong with a caged plate set are the following , springs prob won’t occur, heater cartridges stop well easily replaced with others , same with thermocouples . If the pids stop working it’s also easy and cheap that’s the benefit of cheap lol 

• Like 2

As a beginner, I'm going to wait until the new year and see what rosin presses are available rather than try and build my own.  I don't have much experience in that so it's better I should buy a ready made press.

The Dab Press 6 ton and 10 ton machines look good and get very good reviews.  After speaking with them, they said they are hoping to restock the EU warehouse early next year.

In the meantime I've been looking at the Graveda presses, I'm not bothered where they are made. They just have to be well made.

I'm glad I didn't opt for a Devil Press, I've still not seen a proper review but have heard that they are not good presses.  It's a shame because they are a UK company so I'm thinking customer service/after-care would be decent.

Edited by Spaced Invader

@Spaced Invader

Let us know how you get on. Just a few thoughts.....

Dabpress keep saying the same thing re EU stock. Have been for 6 months now, but they do reply to queries quickly. Seem best if bunch for off the shelf solution.....

Graveda gave me the impression of being a v new company with possibly poor support. They were poor at replying to queries, esp wrt warranty. Build looks tad poor and no online reviews yet that are not obv fake 

Dukytek are also an option. Look similar to graveda but have a presence, so hopefully better at support. But no EU supplies so import duty etc.

After all this I built my own which was simpler than I expected but I completely understand people's hesitation. 

Good luck.....

• Like 1

Graveda are just relabelled from China . Dulytech I’ve heard plenty unhappy stuffregatding service and issues . Dabpress it’s odd they can’t  keep stock levels . There is also Dabinator , not cheap but he may do plates for you and you get the press. Or if you use the diy instructions that I posted years ago I’m more than happy to help where I can . You can find sellers from China who do caged and uncaged and you can specify where the holes are drilled for heaters and thermos if you ask nicely I used weselltech and had several from them . I may even have the drawings I sent them somewhere ...

One more bit of advice when importing from China don’t be cheap use DHL they have their own customs and it’s all paid upfront prior to receiving so no nasty bill a month or two later....can always request that it’s marked as a rma warranty return to save some more

Edited by Arthur Mix
Addition
  • Like 1

Two per plate evenly set out with at least 3/4 depth inside plates by that I mean well inside if five inches you want four inch heaters inside. You also want the thermocouple entering opposite end of heaters and in between them same depth. They should be 250w each on a 3x5inch plate so each ones 500w. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Two per plate evenly set out with at least 3/4 depth inside plates by that I mean well inside if five inches you want four inch heaters inside. You also want the thermocouple entering opposite end of heaters and in between them same depth. They should be 250w each on a 3x5inch plate so each ones 500w. 

Cheers, mate. Top info, it might have to wait till the new year and I crop then as well lol 

I might keep picking your brains as well if you don’t mind. The idea of building my own is growing in me, as if it breaks you can fix it and upgrade etc I always build

my own PCs so not a complete numpty  :yep:

• Like 2

@Flamedodger you can build a pc where as I would struggle . I think you will be fine it’s just getting the stuff to do it and getting the holes the diameter and depth required . As for the wiring I’m sure you would understand it same with programming the pid  control..

• Like 1

Got a tad fucked up last night and can confirm this morning that I appear to have bought a 10t Graveda Press. My Mrs was

not particularly impressed and has hidden my cash cards lol

I’ll do a full review when it arrives, but £362 delivered, I couldn’t make one for that.

:smokin:

• Like 4

When it comes it be interesting to see if it’s a ten ton sticker or if it’s marked under  that sticker the actual tonnage . The review vid was Pukka lol not the best review it showed how not to use a press there’s a reason the plates are stained lol 

• Like 3

What review? Just some plonker with a camera.

Whilst I reckon you could have built one for around the same price, esp with your technical skills @Flamedodger, let us know how you get on..... I hope it meets your expectations.

I found the paper from highsqueeze to be v good and cheaper if bought on a roll. Can use 3 to 4 times easy.....

• Like 3

I only have a bit of NL auto left. I hand squeezed some in my tarik and I’m not sure if the tarik is shit or my weed lol but you may have to wait till January when I harvest next for a report lol. It’s a good hash strain (Master Kush), so should squeeze ok.

I’ll do experiments etc and post results, maybe even post a few pics and some comments on build quality etc. I did notice the presses are quite small (6cm 3cm), which is ok as I’ll only press a bit and it should mean platen pressure is good. It should be here in 5 days :yep:

• Like 1