Larry's Sweet Seeds Adventure

Larry Badgeley

22 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

the thc sad is a baseball bat nug maker ..good solid nugs too no larf ..

the cbd one looks frostier and slightly darker from what i recall ..but dont rush this ..it needs to dry and really really benefits from doing it right ..i was genuinely suprised by the cbd strains ..but i keep finding they lean towards orangey citrus ..the cream caramel cbd .the sad cbd and chem beyond diesel all have that thc version taste in them ..well worth a try .like i say i was really suprised  ,they are pretty good smokes .

I find all CBD strains need a long dry. I have just remembered I have run a Sweet Seed bean "Green Poison CBD" and it's a cracking smoke. Very sticky and quite hard to crumble in a joint (my preferred way) so it does need a long dry and cure. I also ran Dinafem Cheese CBD and OG Kush CBD. Both were good but also needed a long dry and were dark and sticky.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning fellow compers. So it's been 2 weeks since my last update and all is going great as I expected. I fimmed the 2 SAD's yesterday but not the Do Sweet Dos as it's a little behind the others as you can see. Temps and humidity are spot on at 75-78 and 50 ish RH. I don't need to check the minimums as I know with the heat mat and tube heater they are fine. Feedwise, it's 2ml RunZyme, 2ml Root Juice and 2ml Seaweed solution per litre and I am following a strict wet/dry cycle and making sure there is a good run off on watering. The Tropic Bat mix is a great medium and I don't think I'll add any nutes until flowering - maybe a dash of cal/mag but I'll keep on eye on that.

Not much else to add only to say the genetics look great and we can thanks the Sweet Seeds team for that. So here are the ladies and as always thanks for looking in:

Group shot under 80w of scope loveliness:

large.IMG_1063.JPG

Sweet Afghan Delicious CBD

large.IMG_1064.JPG

Sweet Afghan Delicious

large.IMG_1065.JPG

Do Sweet Dos

large.IMG_1066.JPG

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for not updating my dairy because..................

I think my Sweet Seeds adventure maybe coming to an end. I am sick of going into the loft only to be faced with poor leaves, poor structure and general rubbish. I have not changed a thing since my last grow ( even that wasn't great) but the grow before that was spot on. Yellow, blotchy, crispy leaves, weird serrated leaves on the SAD. I am almost embarrassed to post some pictures. It's a bit like the Basil Fawlty car sketch. "One last chance" I haven't overwatered, over fed, potted on when rooted, used Tropic Bat Mix, which I have used before. Temps have been great, humidity fine. 

I hope when I check tomorrow morning I will see something a little better but I don't think so. If not then I will post some pictures as I take them outside to be well and truly buried. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

do sweet do sounds well nice

Am sure it is. Don't think I will be smoking it any time soon. Just had a look and they look worse that they did this morning, and they were thirsty. Looks like my spade is coming out tomorrow. Waste of a month

• Like 3

That don't sound too good. :( A shame, because they were looking fine beginning of the month.   I wonder what could have gone wrong... especialy if the environment was good. 

• Like 2

@growinggold @AustrianToker @Ccs141 @Shumroom

Hi Folks. Thanks for your concern. However the threat of an early bath has seemed to perk up the girls this morning. Well 2 anyway. The DSD & The SAD normal version have shown signs of recovery although the SAD CBD is still suffering. Clawing being the main issue. Maybe the addition of 2ml grow a while back seemed to have set them back. I don't know, but when I watered them yesterday it was just a bit of Seaweed and some root juice. Nothing else. I can't see it as low temps as it is warm in the loft. Anyway here is the evidence as to what's what.

Group shot: The DSD bottom left, SAD CBD bottom right and SAD top left

large.IMG_1067.JPG

DSD

large.IMG_1068.JPG

SAD CBD

large.IMG_1070.JPG

SAD Normal Version

large.IMG_1071.JPG

Sickly leaves I have been removing from all 3

large.IMG_1072.JPG

Finally the SAD CBD showing the clawing on the new growth

large.IMG_1073.JPG

Well that will be final update of the year and we shall see what happens over the next 2 weeks before the flip to 12/12. 

Thanks as always for checking in and see you next year

• Like 11

thats a bit weird eh? the DSD looks like its getting a little Mg defficiency, but its maybe the exposure of the picture, just looks a bit lighter between the leaf veins. 

Issues - like you have had with these -do my nut in, especially when there is no obvious reason for it.

im glad to see that they are heading back in the right direction. 

• Like 4

@badbillybob. They do look like that I'm afraid. I did put in some cal/mag in the watering the previous couple of times (not the last time). I do live in a soft water area. Do you reckon some more cal/mag?

@Punta Roja. Thanks man. All the best to you too.

• Like 3

@Larry Badgeley I live in a soft water area and this grow I have used cal/mag since their very first water, rather than waiting for issues to show up as I used to do and touch wood, it seems to have made a massive difference.

Great news though that they are turning a corner and didn't have to get the chop!

• Like 1