Fish tank water for watering

UnknownUsername

I know that people use fish tank water for their outdoor plants because it is an organic fertiliser. Will it work on all plants? I have the fish tank next to my tent so It would be super convinient :) thanks

Yes , I do it regularly. Still have to add feeds though etc but it’s a good base . Not sure about the organic bit , is the fish food organic ? Yes it’s better than tap but it’s not organic imho ,.

Edited by Arthur Mix
Addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

Yes , I do it regularly. Still have to add feeds though etc but it’s a good base . Not sure about the organic bit , is the fish food organic ? Yes it’s better than tap but it’s not organic imho ,.

I will still use intense nutrients organix range. I am not sure about the fish food but the fish tank is heavily planted if that means anything lol

1 hour ago, Mestizo said:

This is a great pot cast with this dude who does Aquaponics. Is deep. Dude says plants outperform anything grown in soil. https://soundcloud.com/the_pot_cast/episode-48-steve-of-growing-with-fishes-potent-ponics-podcast

and then there is a Breeder Steve and Kevin Jodrey podcast on youtube where Breeder Steve discusses Aquaponics.

Cheers mate, listening to it now.  Is there any disadvantages or should I stick to using the tank water.

17 minutes ago, UnknownUsername said:

Cheers mate, listening to it now.  Is there any disadvantages or should I stick to using the tank water.

if I had the setup, I would run plants this way. It's something I'll do in the future. I think a disadvantage would be if anything fucks up, you're going to unbalance the mutually beneficial ecosystem, between the plants and the fish but if you dial it in right, this guy and an older breeder called Breeder Steve who is pretty much the first to document growing cannabis with aquaponics says you can triple size and/or potency of plants.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mestizo said:
23 minutes ago, UnknownUsername said:

if I had the setup, I would run plants this way. It's something I'll do in the future

ive mucked about abit using sea water :stoned:  

didn’t amazon tribes use floating veg patches in estuaries/rivers etc and in Egypt ? 

• Like 1

Just now, twigs said:

ive mucked about abit using sea water :stoned:  

didn’t amazon tribes use floating veg patches in estuaries/rivers etc and in Egypt ? 

Sea water? Can't imagine that going too well. Amazon tribes were fucking way ahead of their time and way more in tune with their surroundings ecologically. That is super interesting They were some of the first to compost by piling up all their scrap food waste. There are topographical heat maps that show that's what they did specifically around their dwellings

• Like 1

The main disadvantage of aquaponics  is the size of it needed to work properly. Also the types of fish needed to grow ganja are tilapia not normal fish we keep. This video link is not canna related but his whole system is epic. It’s worth watching his sump is Huuuuge no inputs other than fish food. The interviewers not as interesting as the owner  ..the farms called Goliad farms btw 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Add farm name
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mestizo said:

Sea water? Can't imagine that going too well. Amazon tribes were fucking way ahead of their time

i think it will be a big thing in the future.. it’s moved on quite far in the last few years with more people experimenting, if you google you can find some interesting stuff on it..

have a read on dr Raynard Murray mate you might be surprised what can be achieved.. :stoned:  

• Like 3