Vape oil

Ledhead

Evening all,probably been done to death this,but after a bit of advice. I'm wanting to make some vape oil out of shatter. I have bought some terpenes as didn't want to use pg/vg,the thing is do I need to decarb the shatter? I seem to get so many different answers when I research it. If I do need to decarb which is the best method for small amounts? Cheers chaps

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

What is the benefit of putting shatter into a vape liquid rather than just using a vape made for concentrates? 

some like to add a bit of lead lol  nickel plate etc blah blah 

• Like 1

There's no need to decarb if you're gonna vape it,

decarbing happens at high temp when you vape or smoke THC.

Decarbing is only important if you're making medibles if my memory serves me correctly :yep:

:yinyang: 

• Like 5

On 30/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Ledhead said:

Evening all,probably been done to death this,but after a bit of advice. I'm wanting to make some vape oil out of shatter. I have bought some terpenes as didn't want to use pg/vg,the thing is do I need to decarb the shatter? I seem to get so many different answers when I research it. If I do need to decarb which is the best method for small amounts? Cheers chaps

when you say you bought terpenes as you don’t want to use PG/VG. You can’t vape pure terpenes can you. They sell it in a liquid but that’s to dilute with PG/VG and shatter to make an eliquid. There are terp sauces but they’re too thick for a vape pen.

there are pre made vape liquids for mixing shatter into ones called wax liquidiser, I haven’t used it but do want to try it.

I ordered the terpenes online from Terpenes UK. Just had a look on their website at the mixing instructions and there is no mention of having to mix the terpenes with pg or vg. The cartridges I have are made for vaping thick oil as opposed to regular e juice carts.

I've used the blueberry waxliquidizer and I've got the mango too but not tried it yet,

it's ace for stealthy vaping but I end up with a dry cough after trying to get a decent hit from it :( 

Let us know how you get on with the terps.

• Like 2

Proceed with caution. Two years ago I did the same as you are proposing: diluting shatter with terpines, obtained from the same company you have mentioned.

I did the research, made the ejuice as per the instructions, used a ceramic coil at the right temps and toked away for a few days and to be fair, it was great. 

Then......i developed lipid pneumonia, bedridden for two weeks, almost hospitalised. Not positive the two incidents are related but I think they were. No more vaping terpines for me anymore. 

Recently, I found the small bottles of terpines when having a clear out, opened them for a sniff and they all lost their individual terpines smells and instead all smelled the same - paint stripper (acetone). Binned them immediately. 

My 2p - nasty stuff these laboratory produced terpines, and in hindsight completely unnecessary.

• Like 9

On 03/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, Shumroom said:

I've used the blueberry waxliquidizer and I've got the mango too but not tried it yet,

it's ace for stealthy vaping but I end up with a dry cough after trying to get a decent hit from it :( 

Let us know how you get on with the terps.

so it’s worth it. Also do you need a ceramic coil with the product made or can it go through a normal 6 core smok wick.

1 hour ago, Whatwentwrong said:

so it’s worth it. Also do you need a ceramic coil with the product made or can it go through a normal 6 core smok wick.

Yes Ccell is the best way forward imo as I use them with qwiso mixed with terps at max ratio on bottle, ive got a big beast tank (smok ) I wouldn't try it myself ,think youd just get real messy Atb

• Like 1