Xpelair wac1 problems

Lyt

Hello people, 

currently stuck what to do. Last week I purchased a xpelair wac1 controller for my 6” red scorpion fan and within half an hour the adjustment fan speeds(1-5) had stopped working just full speed (5) or nothing so I contacted the supplier and they’ve sent me a new one. I’ve just wired up the new one and boom same thing happend again around half an hour or so and stopped working just full speed.

anybody had a similar problem from what I’ve read theses controller are very good for the price but this is the same problem with 2 controllers in 2 weeks I followed a wiring diagram from a previous thread on here so I’m really confused ?

• Like 1

How many watts does that fan draw? I can't seem to find any info about it. Is there a wattage rating on the label somewhere?

My guess is it's drawing more than the 75w rating and you're burning out the WAC1. I'm not at all familiar with that brand and I can't find published specs anywhere.

Edited by NezA
Spelling
  • Like 5

The only thing I can suggest is that my first extractor (a Manrose bathroom fan - worked a treat before you say it) had a very strange way of changing the speed. You had to alter something inside the casing (which made sense with it being a bathroom fan because it's not like you need to change the speed) to put it on slow, med or max. It also said if you were using anything to change the speed - put it on max. Which I didn't do at first and the same thing happened to me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

@Lyt   mate, you've fried the wac1 by using a too powerful fan with it.

Cheers bud I thought as much, do you know of any other controller more suited ?

1.5A str voltage controller, costs about £70 & you need to wire it similar to the wac1.  check out the Diy section for STR controller.