Oldest seeds germinated?

growinggold

What is oldest seeds you have ever germinated?

And how long was they sitting on your shelves for?

We had any seeds over 10 years old germinate?

Iv recently gone a little wild with seed purchases with dinafem ect. Now I'm a little worried I'm not going to get round to growing some these for decades. Ekk. Will they last that long? 

Thanks all.

:skin_up:

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Iv recently gone a little wild with seed purchases with dinafem ect.

lol done the same too. Making sure that gorilla survives if dinafem are to really disappear. Frosty that one!!! 

Oldest seeds I personally germinated was 2 years so kind of fresh in that sense. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, THEDANK said:

if dinafem are to really disappear.

Really hope Dinafem can keep going. Have grown a few of their strains and they've always been great. Bought a Blue Kush Auto today and Cheese XXL today, which I'll be germinating shortly.

I've got some beans that are over 5 years old. lol They've been kept in a dark container in the fridge for most of that time. I had to stop growing for a few years but just about to start up again. I will try to run them but I don't expect great germination rates after that amount of time. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, ratdog said:

germed some smellyberry f2's that were 7-8 year old easy the other month

Still got some smelly berry F2 from you mate. We’re they the same age? Germed like fresh pips. Still want to do an open pollination run on them got 6 left. Found a cracking limey pickle cheesey weird plant. Damn should a kept it

• Like 4

Keep them at -15c or colder - freezer temp - they should last longer than you. Make sure they are in air-tight containers and once frozen don't keep repeatedly defrosting them as that warm/cold cycling will dry them out and make them unviable. Work quickly to remove seeds and return the others. I would keep out seeds you are going to use in the next 6 -12 months in the fridge. The 'Doomsday' seed bank in the Arctic Circle is my supporting  reference, which stays below -15c.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 5

Forgot to say I have success with the KillerSkunks from the original release , The ones I planted all came up . also stored in Tupperware in the fridge ..:oldtoker:

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 5

I recently germed a couple of seeds that must have been 8-10 years old with no problems. Stored in the fridge but I probably moved house with them 3-4 times.

• Like 2