aerocloner from tap root seed, anyone done it?

badbillybob

17 hours ago, QuintinQuick said:

Hey guys, started a batch of seeds in the aero prop today - they all have decent tap roots (except a freebee seed - Grandaddy Confidential - that I added as an experiment).

I also put in there a flowering clone from El Chapo which broke off when I damaged it during scrogging - what should I expect from the clone?

My choice of seeds may not have been the best - Future No.1 - Franco's Lemon Cheese - Exodus Cheese. I think I should start making more educated/informed choices and not go along with the marketing bollox!

Sweet Seeds and Dinafem get great reviews on here - I'll check them out for my next purchase.

large.5f9f0f5e15d3f_1Pipswithtaproot.jpg

large.5f9f0f5f6355c_2Pipsinaeroprop.jpg

large.5f9f0f60086b8_3Pipsinaeroprop.jpg

Last time I did this I grew on 60% of the seeds - this time they have longer tap roots and slightly warmer water and a splash of early feed.

Wow ....that’s a new one for me....I would not be comfortable, bare aero with seeds using just the collars....seems risky...but if ain’t broke and all that 

:skin_up:

• Like 1

ive soaked a new  9 but have got 6 already up through the coco, they just have thier first true leaves, so less than a week old.

so i have put them from the coco into the aerocloner, washed off the coco, warmish water to aerocloner and a small bit of bloom nutes, to keep them alive, before transplant hopefully into the shed system in a few days, when i get the pipework finished. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

got to be worth a try

6 hours ago, zen-ken said:

seems risky

Was pleased to see a few had sprouted this morning.

Water temp is 24'C- I had the pump spraying 24/7 for the 1st 24 hrs - just changed it to - 5 secs ON / 30 secs OFF.

The Exodus Cheese pips are almost all out of their shells already as are the Lemon-Cheese pips!

large.5fa0623286cdb_4Pipsinaeroprop24hrs.jpg

large.5fa0623365d14_5Pipsinaeroprop24hrs.jpglarge.5fa0623404658_6Pipsinaeroproproots24hrs.jpg

9 hours ago, badbillybob said:

no it shouldnt hermie

Cheers - she is looking perky today, but no sign of roots yet - I dipped it in GA root nute, gotta get some root gel.

large.5fa06296ef6ab_7ElChapofloweringclone.jpg

@badbillybob @zen-ken

Don't know if this is bad forum etiquette, sorry if so - but while you are on here I have a unrelated question -

I realised this morning that the 16amp immersion heater timer I was controlling the lights stopped turning off Saturday - basically they are 3 weeks into flower and have just had 48hrs solid light at full almost max - they look OK considering, one was slightly dehydrated. I've changed the timer and will check the new one every day!

Have you ever had happen?

What should I expect next?

they should be fine if it was just for 48 hrs. ive had this before a couple of times, before i stopped using those crappy plug n not grow timers lol

i would keep an eye on them for bollox tho, but you should be doing that anyway. 3 weeks into bloom is a common time for hermies/ balls   to appear, going off my own past experiences , but they plants should be fine if all the other paramaters were in line like environment etc. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, QuintinQuick said:

Cheers - she is looking perky today, but no sign of roots yet - I dipped it in GA root nute, gotta get some root gel.

large.5fa06296ef6ab_7ElChapofloweringclone.jpg

if your plan is to re-veg that plant, then i would cut the flowering sites off it personally. it will take an age to revert back to veg, they always do, with many funky leaves along the way. 

Not sure how many days its been in there, bbut they usually take at least 10-14 days to show rootage

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

they should be fine if it was just for 48 hrs. ive had this before a couple of times, before i stopped using those crappy plug n not grow timers lol

i would keep an eye on them for bollox tho, but you should be doing that anyway. 3 weeks into bloom is a common time for hermies/ balls   to appear, going off my own past experiences , but they plants should be fine if all the other paramaters were in line like environment etc. 

Thanks, Bill - I have a big smile now instead of a furrowed brow - you put my mind at rest. Temps and all else were good - they drank a load of water and nutes are down from 1.4 - 0.8. I topped up with fresh water and will change res tomorrow.

I've been looking for balls since going into flower and apart for the dodgy looking RipperSeedsOMG that I ended Sunday they all look great.

Thanks again mate :) 

9 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

cut the flowering sites off it personally. it will take an age to revert back to veg, they always do, with many funky leaves along the way. 

Cheers Bill - I'll trim the flower off and see what happens. The plant it came from is a beast and if it smokes well this clone may well become a useful mum (if it roots on and survives).

Hope all is going well in your garden - I'll update myself on your diary later - thanks yet again, really appreciated :) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, QuintinQuick said:

Was pleased to see a few had sprouted this morning.

Water temp is 24'C- I had the pump spraying 24/7 for the 1st 24 hrs - just changed it to - 5 secs ON / 30 secs OFF.

The Exodus Cheese pips are almost all out of their shells already as are the Lemon-Cheese pips!

large.5fa0623286cdb_4Pipsinaeroprop24hrs.jpg

large.5fa0623365d14_5Pipsinaeroprop24hrs.jpglarge.5fa0623404658_6Pipsinaeroproproots24hrs.jpg

I wouldn’t be  turning it off at all....24/7 water on imo they have access to all the oxygen they need ....turning it off now is not a good idea. 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, zen-ken said:

I wouldn’t be  turning it off at all....24/7 water on imo

Thanks for the advice, Ken - I'll check them 1st thing tomorrow.

And cheers for the water heater recommendation last week - got one and has kept water temps spot on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, QuintinQuick said:

@badbillybob @zen-ken

Don't know if this is bad forum etiquette, sorry if so - but while you are on here I have a unrelated question -

I realised this morning that the 16amp immersion heater timer I was controlling the lights stopped turning off Saturday - basically they are 3 weeks into flower and have just had 48hrs solid light at full almost max - they look OK considering, one was slightly dehydrated. I've changed the timer and will check the new one every day!

Have you ever had happen?

What should I expect next?

Check for nanas and balls I’m afraid....as @badbillybob advised you should get away with it but extra vigilance is now required.

pay special attention to the bottoms. 

:skin_up:

• Like 2

I did the same to my SBG and matcha by mistake....24hrs solid light....they still turned out chronic so try not to worry....just keep and eye out :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

I wouldn’t be  turning it off at all....24/7 water on imo they have access to all the oxygen they need ....turning it off now is not a good idea. 

if the roots dry out, its game over, i always go 24/7 too with these. 

• Like 2