Damnwildman

Hi there, 

I want to start making tinctures as I had a lung collapse so I had to stop smoking. 

I have read methods and I have seen one that involves putting your decarb cannabis in 95% alcahol (I have ordered the 95% Spirytus Duch Puszczy) 

As everclear is not aviable in the UK. 

So my question

1. why does freezing it extract faster than just leaving it in a jar?

2. How long compared to smoking it does the effects last. 

3. Does it burn when using it under the toung, is it better to let some of the alcahol evaporate. If so how long? 

4. Can I add water to reduce the burn? 

And any advice in general? 

Edited by Damnwildman
  • Like 1

Hi,

best way is to make the oil 1st in 95% ethanol and decarb later.

Hash and oil section read Graywolf's posts

1.freezing is mainly so you don't extract things you don't really want as ethanol is polar(fats,vaxes)

2.3x as long

3.it is a bit 'spicy'-cannabis oil on its own-the 95% stuff will burn your mouth-I did try 5 drops ....once

4.You can just make your oil using ethanol as solvent and dilute your cannabis oil with olive oil,coconut oil,or whatever carrier oil you want

You can have a tincture which isn't in alcohol solution

I used a ardent nova - 1st cycle to decarb the weed then 2nd cycle with added brandy, then sieve. Just need to remove it from the cupboard when grandma visits lol 

Agreed, tinctures are pretty old school, better to evaporate all the ethanol and add another carrier oil. Alternatively, for the cost of 500ml of polish booze you could buy some silk printing screens that you can deploy in dry sift making, and add the sift to a carrier oil. My experience with tinctures was that they take as long as edibles to kick in, but some say they get wasted in 10 mins..I'm not sure.. 

1 hour ago, Damnwildman said:

I wanted something for under the tongue will pure oil work under the tongue as a tincture? 

you still can make a 'tincture' basically if you have 1g of RSO and melt it in any oil-i use olive oil 9ml you get 10% 'tincture'

it will still be a bit spicy but nothing like if you disolved that 1g of RSO in 9ml 95% ethanol....

if you want the booze that's fine just use 40%-50% strengh,that 95% stuff will burn your mouth

I tried some of the 95% Polish stuff done in the magic butter machine, that burns if you have it straight but it's lovely in a gin, with some tonic water. Tasted like bitter lemon, looked like it too.

57 minutes ago, joba said:

you still can make a 'tincture' basically if you have 1g of RSO and melt it in any oil-i use olive oil 9ml you get 10% 'tincture'

it will still be a bit spicy but nothing like if you disolved that 1g of RSO in 9ml 95% ethanol....

if you want the booze that's fine just use 40%-50% strengh,that 95% stuff will burn your mouth

Nice, what would be the recommended dose? 

They say tincture alcahol based is 2 or 3 drops. I have basically a 0 tolerance now as have stopped smoking it. 

I had a little 1 skin last week for the first time in ages and I was high as hell. 

Whi is crazy as I use to be a bong after bong guy. 

But that's how I blew my lung apparently. 

Edited by Damnwildman
  • Like 1

I decarb my flowers at 110°C for 20 minutes and then freeze before extraction with 95% vodka. The oil is a bit trippier than the more soporific effect I was after so am about to decarb again since I read @Graywolf saying a second decarb once the oil is extracted can change the effect. 

I have 20g suspended in 400ml of alcohol and use 4ml in a coffee in the morning or the same in a small glass of warm milk before bed. Cuts any desire to vape for me for a good few hours and feels deeper and calmer. 

Next step is to try making some canna butter. Some great guides on here for extracts various. :hippy:

• Like 2

Rso for me any day of the week. It’s decarbed as part of the process, leaves you with nothing but awesomeness, and if you don’t want to just get smashed you can dilute into any type of oil or alcohol later. Need to be a bit careful on you first few tries as it’s VERY potent literally one drop can have you still a bit messed up in the morning lol if you don’t have a tolerance.

22 hours ago, Damnwildman said:

Nice, what would be the recommended dose? 

They say tincture alcahol based is 2 or 3 drops. I have basically a 0 tolerance now as have stopped smoking it. 

I had a little 1 skin last week for the first time in ages and I was high as hell. 

Whi is crazy as I use to be a bong after bong guy. 

But that's how I blew my lung apparently. 

start with 10% and start with 2 drops under your tounge

or you can put 2 drops in gelatine capsule and have an edible this way

work your way up slowly,if you put under your tounge effects start in 30min if capsule 1h-depends how much you ate before etc

find what works best

the only reason I would discourage from ethanol based tincture is you will get the taste of booze few times a day and might be tempted to drink more than you do ussual espeacilly now with festive season approaching and booze everywhere

On 26/10/2020 at 8:20 AM, joba said:

start with 10% and start with 2 drops under your tounge

or you can put 2 drops in gelatine capsule and have an edible this way

work your way up slowly,if you put under your tounge effects start in 30min if capsule 1h-depends how much you ate before etc

find what works best

the only reason I would discourage from ethanol based tincture is you will get the taste of booze few times a day and might be tempted to drink more than you do ussual espeacilly now with festive season approaching and booze everywhere

Haha well I don't really drink I made and tried the tincture used about 5 grams of weed and done the hot method of extracting left on 170°F for 20 minutes. 

But it is not doing anything to me. 

I don't really understand what I've done wrong. 

I decarbed the weed roughly 100°C for 30 to 40 minutes. 

I've now tried evapouartingnsomenofnthe alcahol and added some coconut oil and glycerin in so it doesn't burn and its more concentrated still feel nothing. 

Do you think I've over cooked it or underdecarbed? 

I'm a little annoyed I just wasted 5gs

Probably the amount of weed you used mate, 5g of half decent weed will get you pretty much a drop or two of rso. It takes a LOT of weed to make oil that’s why most will use all the trim and air buds from their grows to make oil. I used probably about 8/9 ounces of trim and air buds on my last run for 10ml of rso.

• Like 1