Root aphids in unrooted clones

LDS420

Hi everyone I currently have 11 Cuttings of gelato dream rooting, I'm currently 13 days in and only 3 of my Cuttings have rooted and the 3 that have don't have great roots. 

When having a look at them yesterday I spotted small white insects in the jiffys roaming around and going inside the soil, after looking online they look like root aphids. Usually after around 7 days my Cuttings have always had good roots and the root aphids seem to be the cause of them not rooting this time

So my question is, is there anything I can do to get rid of the root aphids at this stage or would it be worth starting fresh with some new clones from somewhere else? 

Thanks 

Yep spingstails i bet lil fuckers had them on my last 4 5 or 6 grows but not seen any this time ... dont do no harm from what iv seen but i hate  anything in my tent! Don't ask me how to get rid mate i just thought it was the coco life haha

• Like 1

Hi guys thanks for the replys

Here a picture I got of one of the little critters running around if this helps identify them any better? 

Not the greatest picture but my phone loses focus if I zoom any more. 

large.Screenshot_20201022_114144.jpg

Thanks again, 

Lds420 

If they are very active they are more likely to be predator/beneficial species. Google hypoaspis miles or cucumeris, those would be my guess especially if you got them from someone who produces a lot of cuttings.

• Like 1