Bottom feeding.

Hogro

@GSZZ  man I been using 60/40 for a good few years and have never noticed that..  hehe :skin_up:    Does the trick though and I must say thanks to you as I follow a few of your guidance on nutes ,environment etc  and the difference to my grows  are night and day with almost no problems.. mucho appreciated :smokin:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, gonge said:

Hi there @firerabbit212 . I use gold label 60/40 coco mix. Sure it means that pebbles are 40% of mix in 60% coco.. I do mix a little root powder in on pot up but that’s it.    I only use a + b now grow and bloom (growth technology green haze) and since simplifying the grow I rarely get any hassles. Learned from a few of folks on the forum that less is more.. no dramatic changes in feed or ph strength 

I have used boosts and other stuff but more problems appeared then me correcting them lead to more hassles so I was always firefighting to try and keep ahead..    rarely ever get above 1.3 ec now ( after reading gszz info on nutes)   . That was a blessing and now got 4 plants. 6 weeks in and looking amazing . 

they are regs though from subbie seeds ....stink bomb x disco biscuit. . Smottie remix and a fem of hso 3 kings. I do like to have 1 guest plant  / grow to mix it up a little.

I fill tank and only keep the ph in check till it empty then repeat. The Aqua valves in trays do the filling and wait till it almost runs the tray dry before refilling..   I love em .

I also got underfloor heating set at 20c on a stat.. that made a hell of difference keeping the roots stable temps..  

so hope that helps a wee bit , good luck and sending good growing vibes mate :skin_up:

Thanks a lot Gonge! Thats really helpful :)

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, GSZZ said:

Other way around :yep:

Gold-star 60/40 is 40pc coco, at least the stuff ive seen. Canna 60/40 is 60pc coco tho

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if im not doing organics. i have my plants in a 2" of mirical grow. never done them any harm   oops  im talking about growing in potting soil

Edited by CBDGUY
clarify information to be correct

Interesting thread. I had some autopots once, looked in my res and thought they drank it so filled it up again, got back from work and checked again - it was empty. I never looked in the tent. One of the floaters in the autopot got stuck in the on position and flooded my tray - lucky it was water proof LOLOL

I have run to waste tray but hand water atm and have been looking at an automated feed system, I think growell call it thier rhizo asystem

@Hesketh I love the sound of using hozelock connectors, very handy when moving trays and cleaning them - something iv not done for about 2 years but really need to, the mineral deposits are shocking

• 1 year later...

Love autopots - ZERO energy costs, fill the tank up with 15l of nutes concentrate and forget for 4-5 days (one plant only atm). No issues whatsoever - keeping PH between 5.8-6.4 no EC/PPM - KISS method. Eating canna A and B ONLY. Day 59 and day 20 on 12/12. Cleaning tank and aquavalve every ten days. Using nothing but 100% Ecothrive COCO have some springtails since the very beginning BUT they just doing their job and don't bother my plant at all.  

large.IMG_20220705_192213.jpg

Will buy another one pot system to replace my fabric hand-watering pot. Will try to run two plants in 15L in my small 120x60x150 tent

• Like 3