Tiny Grow - Equipment and Wiring Check

Xeggex

Evening,

So I'd been planning on running a 60cm x 60cm x 140cm tent with a 250W HPS and decent fan setup (all purchased) but circumstances have dictated that I'm having to postpone this until next year. In the meantime I've decided it might be fun to get a really small micro grow on the go - not quite PC box small but not far off - single plant. I'm planning on running 4 CFL lights wired to a single plug (about 100W total, maybe more if I can find the right bulbs) with some led strips lower down. I'm not too concerned about maximising yield as this is just a little experiment to keep me amused.

Electrics however are not my strong point - my tent setup is mostly plug and play. I'm just looking for a final check on what I'm planning to buy and how I'm planning to wire it just to make sure it's safe and not likely to spontaneously combust on me, I've attached a crude wiring diagram.

Equipment as follows:

-Basic 100W rated bulb sockets, probably b22 if I can find compatible bulbs

-6A three core cable

-Standard 3A plug (fitted with 3A fuse)

-Wago 5 way connectors, one for each strand (live, neutral, earth) rated at 32A

Wiring.jpg

Feedback appreciated. I appreciate that CFLs are not the best and small spaces are not optimal, but like I said this is a fun stop gap until I can get a proper grow going.

Cheers

Edited by Xeggex

Here's a thread you might be interested in.

Remarkable what can be achieved in a tiny space.

As for your plan it should work but you might want to look in to a small LED board it's a much more compact lighting solution and when space is a premium aim to go as compact as possible. LED will also grow a better product than CFL.

Maybe pop a post over in the @diyleduk forum or see if @Diyleduk Craig has any recommendations for that kind of space.

Good luck with the setup.

-NezA

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NezA said:

Here's a thread you might be interested in.

Remarkable what can be achieved in a tiny space.

As for your plan it should work but you might want to look in to a small LED board it's a much more compact lighting solution and when space is a premium aim to go as compact as possible. LED will also grow a better product than CFL.

Maybe pop a post over in the @diyleduk forum or see if @Diyleduk Craig has any recommendations for that kind of space.

Good luck with the setup.

-NezA

Thanks, I'll check that thread out.

I'd prefer to go LED, my original plan was the growstar 150W but UK supply is limited and expensive right now it seems. The Amazon and eBay options at the moment seem a bit crap right now too. 

DIY is of course an option but that's back to me being shite at electrics.