I think I've cloned

Firstimegrower_420

Hi all 

Can anyone tell me if this cutting has worked or am I best chucking it 

I also did another with exact same mix and looks different, can someone tell me if its ready to get potted and should I leave in the rockwool when I replant it in coco?

The funny thing is I don't know what plant its from lol

Edited by lildaveham
Pics

Looks fine.  From the top, the paler green is the new growth and the roots are just obvious!  I would pot it up now if I were you. 

Edited by Lancaster8
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Lancaster8 said:

Looks fine.  From the top, the paler green is the new growth and the roots are just obvious!  I would pot it up now if I were you. 

Do I strip the rockwool from the roots? 

I'm well happy if this works for a firstimer, and these babies will be vegging for the next 8/9wk whilst mummy flowers and is harvested.. 

You have done a sound job with it its rooted fine.

No you dont strip the rockwool from the roots.You keep it in the cube.

The cutting in the second pic looks like you have done it in the side of the cube.Not the top of the cube like you should do.

The  cutting you have shown in the third pic rooted fine.

A little tip  for when you do cutting again.Instead of making the hole in the center of the cube.

And another tip when you take your cuttings.Bunch them up in your hand so your hand is like a fist.Just not tight.So as all the leaves are bunched up.Then  with a pair of scissors trim the leaves  so as they are not so big.

Make a hole nearer to the corner of the cube.You will find as its nearer to the side it can draw in air quicker to the roots.

So as the cutting will root a good few days quicker.

It looks like you have got some tip burn so i would bak off on the feed abit.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 1

@hashi thanks for the tips. 

All cutting went into the centre at the top. The 2nd pic i pulled the cutting out the wool as I didn't see anyrhjng and its just little clumps like you see but their is new growth on it.. 

The 3rd I was really surprised as I never expected it to be as rooty so I just put the rockwool direct in pot with that one. 

Thw first one should I just pot without the rockwool as it isn't doing anything and been like that days.. 

Those weren't cuttings I took deliberately but stems I snapped by accident and try savouring but now my plants are just going into flower there's 2 stems I like the look of at the bottom of the plant and that's got 3 nodes so I'll use that and do as you suggest and stick in the corner of rockwool and cut the leaves like a bunch

Edited by Owderb
No need for the quote mate
  • Like 1

Ah ic thats why that other pic looked like that ic nowYou was just resting it on the side of thecube to show its stump  i got you now.From looking at your bottom pic you can see it quite well rooted.

How long, did that one take you to root by the way.Was it like 10 or 12 day or about a week or so.

• Like 1

@hashifrom my photos that are saved i started it off on 27/9 and the stump i snapped the following week. 

so ill just stick the stump in a pot and feed with the clonex stuff i bought which is 5ml per litre yet EC was 1.6! 

Edited by Firstimegrower_420
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, KC said:

That's a rooting compound mate. Do you mean Formulex?

@KCyeah thats the stuff i meant, I knew it was something called "ex" 

I was told to mix and spray on the leaves and pour into the pot for feeding over the coming days and then move onto the canna feed that I give my others but not as strong. 

• Like 1

If you foliar feed be sure not to put them under the light after, wait until they're dry or they'll get burnt under the light. What medium are they going into? If it's compost just pot them up, no need to worry about feeding

• Like 1

Hi @KC im using the left over stuff from the 3 im growing just now, 70/30 coco and perlite mix. 

I didnt spray the leaves on the clones and just watered with the formulex but the other cutting I took last night I sprayed away from the light and it seems OK but no even 24hr on.. 

I've got them under a maxibirght cfl 125w blue and ill leave them there and see how things grow, I remember rhwtre both blueberry cookie as the critical kush was never touched until I took the new cutting thats in the bottle. 

I hope to keep these in veg right until my other tent is empty from the 3 already in there and I reckon that could be aroumd 9 week lol

I have the light about 6 inch above as thats where I hung it about the sweet deep grapefruit and seemed ok, would you say its OK or to close? 

Edited by lildaveham
Pics
  • Like 1

When I used to use cutilene cubes, I got some B&W sheeting & cut out plant top covers then put them over the cutilene cubes,

stopping light getting to the top of the cubes helps prevent algea from forming on top of the cubes.

• Like 2

Thanks @Joint hoggerthats a good tip as i did find Alge forming on the cube but still a week in theyre coming on well 

A little tip burn but that was before and not since 

Edited by lildaveham
Pics
  • Like 2