Cannabrush

monkeypig

large.cannabrush.jpg

So as I waited to pay for my ph down and clonex my eyes spotted this on the shelf by the counter. I picked it up and before I could question its purpose an employee was showing me a video of it in action. So of course I bought one:doh:. (and half the price of the trim bin I was itching to buy).

To be honest I normally end up buying new trimmers most crop so if it turns out to be any good it's hardly the end of the world. The idea is (for dry trimming only) that you just brush the dried buds up and down and the dry leaf just crumbles off, we'll see.

Anyone had a try? Did you find them any good? I'll update in the week when I give them a try.

• Like 2

lol

I use my finger (oooohh err) with a latex glove on. Like you say the leaves just crumble off the dry bud. 

So how much did they charge/rob you for that ?

Edited by lildaveham
Rob
  • Like 7

Interested too see how it works out for you bud.

My first thought is surely your gonna be brushing off alot of trichomes at the same time as the leaves??

But I suppose you get losses no matter how you go about trimming.

I still find wet trimming 1000% easier than dry.  Dry trimming is an epic pita imo though I know many disagree..

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dodgee said:

I still find wet trimming 1000% easier than dry.  Dry trimming is an epic pita imo though I know many disagree..

I've got much love for ya pal, but we'll never see eye to eye on that one:P. I find it the polar opposite to you. Time will tell however if this is a useful tool or waste of money and I should have spent £50 on a trim bin. I really should remember to ask for one for my Christmas prezzie!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

half the price of the trim bin I was itching to buy).

34 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I should have spent £50 on a trim bin

Now I’m no mathematician but have you just paid £25 for that CannaBrush (patent pending)?

Does it come with its own trich bin cos I reckon they’ll go everywhere using it?

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

Just now, bartman said:

Does it come with its own trich bin cos I reckon they’ll go everywhere using it?

No but I have a plan for that new washing basket I bought in Ikea the other day. I just keep my trim to run in the bubble washing machine to I reckon I'll be fine but we'll see, you may well be correct.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buddy13 said:

same as any silicon pastry brush, except they're about  £5......

I thought about that myself funnily enough when I got home but comparing the two the difference in rigidity is pretty obvious.

I gave some buds that had been hanging for only 11 days (I always aim to dry for at least 14) a little brush and have to say I'm quite impressed with the results so far. I'm going to resist and wait till 14 days and give it another go before I make up my mind. 

As far as the trim bin goes I know full well that the cost is inflated but if someone buys it for me as a pressie then I'll be more than happy to enjoy its use.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

@monkeypigI think i'm going to buy one for my weekends trimming.  They don't look like they take too many trichomes off on the videos i've watched. Are you happy with the purchase??

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I bought one and I have a trim bin, good results on certain buds. The Disco Biscuit for example had lots of small (tiny too small to snip) green leaves that are a bitch to trim off - the Brush made short work of those. Bigger leaves I trim away then a quick brush and it's ready for bucking into jars.

I trimmed one plant with scissors and then one with the brush. With scissors it took 2 hours to trim up one plant which was about 2 Oz. With the Brush it took me about 45 mins. I did the rest with the brush. Can't really tell the difference either.

Strains without much leaf I probably wouldn't bother as you can quickly knock/pull off the trim with your fingers or scissors.

If your bud is too try or the buds are small/popcorn then the brush isn't any good as they just get knocked off - its only really good for long Colas imho and too many strokes (Oooer) with deffo trash more trichomes. Harder more resinous strains (like the DB) fair better than a wispy Sativa would. Also without a trim bin the bits do fly off everywhere - I had it in my hair and whatnot.

Overall I would say its a nice to have 7/10 product and I will for sure use it again. My duds were getting too dry and I needed to crack on trimming so it saved me a day/nights trimming overall.

I just give me colas a loose ‘wank’. If it dunt come off it just goes in’t jar. It’s only me smoking it I’ve not got a load of doylums ‘oohing’ and ‘Ahhhing’ over it. Never understood the whole overthought overly anal aspect to trimming.

• Like 7

Just now, Gaijin said:

"wanking"   "anal"   "doylums"   don't stop there @mikeydoughnut :naughty:  

Should doylums be in the same group as anal? 

lol … Well doylum and slack arse are synonymous. So, aye, either or really. 

• Like 1