Vaping vs smoking -pesticides

joba

1 hour ago, joba said:

Think this thread just highlighted the importance knowing what's in your final product and how can you controll it if you don't make your own? maybe trusted mate but I don't have any who grow unfortunately.

I may be in the minority on this but if I haven't got anything that I've grown myself or was grown by somebody who I really trust (not many people in that category)

then I would rather not bother . I won't pay stupid prices for something which I have no real idea about .

Edited by Degsy
to make some sense
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, joba said:

went down the memmory lane a bit,into my childhood and I remember my grandad spraying apple trees as he was a keen gardener but also he was working with heavy metals in melting industry back in the 60'-80's in easter block.He always was saying to me don't be picking those rasberries near the road,maybe 10 cars and 2 busses drove past the house a day but he knew the dangers of led.

I remmember getting drunk with my dealer when I was 17 he was in his 40's and how it all stated back home and how they used some hormon banned chemical from soviet union times and increased the yields and fall out with his dad who helped him to grow it over money in the end....

@Graywolf

if you make oil from contaminated bud being pesticides or heavy metals left over how much does it come to to final product?is it on much smaller scale? I imagine the trichomes shoudn't have much in them,most is in the plant material-the left overs.

Thank you for all the info you contributed to this site and myself when I was learning how to make my own oil

Too many variables for an empirical answer.

It depends on how much of what is present and how much is too much of those constituents.  Aside from their specific toxicity, some like heavy metals accumulate over time, and some are carcinogens with no LD-50 value available.

A good assumption is that the solvent removing the pesticides coating the trichomes they are dissolving, will also remove the same pesticide residue on the accompanying plant matter, unless the concentrate was extracted from hash.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Degsy said:

I may be in the minority on this but if I haven't got anything that I've grown myself or was grown by somebody who I really trust (not many people in that category)

then I would rather not bother . I won't pay stupid prices for something which I have no real idea about .

Alas, in an unregulated market, the seller can say his product is from anywhere and present it as any strain.  "This is primo quality shit here, tended by naked handmaidens and grown in the misty land of chump."

Besides mold, insecticides, and heavy metals, in the 1970's we even had weed sprayed with PCP come through, touted as Thai sticks. 

• Like 1