Harvesting half the plant?

5un83

Hello, 

So i'm currently towards the end of the my grow and about to start flushing, however it seems mainly the top of the plant is looking done according to the pistils and trichs and lower down the plant its still trichless and more white pistils, is it possible to cut the top cola off and then lower light to mature the lower part of the plant or will harvesting the top kill the plant...these are auto pineapple express plants.

Any advice would be appreciated.

large.5f6e002e61149_7flowers.jpg

Cheers

Edited by 5un83
  • Like 2

They dont really look ready but yeah chop what you need and let the rest carry on for a week or two. I would have a really good check over the buds especially where the brown wilted leaves are for mould just to be sure.

Toke...

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

They dont really look ready but yeah chop what you need and let the rest carry on for a week or two. I would have a really good check over the buds especially where the brown wilted leaves are for mould just to be sure.

Toke...

I'd heed this, because i've had some yellow leafs on the buds and they've turned to mould further in, I've chopped two of my buds to clear any mould I can find. I'd also be very rigourous when drying to check for mould. It's a nasty thing

large.E1C5686F-FAD9-4AAE-AB64-9D638565F3C4.jpeg

• Like 6

@mystic_roots  That sucks, sorry to see its more than just the dot we saw earlier.  Yea mould is a silent and mostly hidden monster you have to be very observant to catch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inspiration101 said:

@mystic_roots  That sucks, sorry to see its more than just the dot we saw earlier.  Yea mould is a silent and mostly hidden monster you have to be very observant to catch.

Ah shit happens, I’ll chalk it up as another learning experience, I’ve had a lot of these this time around lol 

I don’t think growing once a year helps, cause I’ve forgotten it all when I start again

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I did this with a auto, i did work but i had to giver her about 2 weeks to recover from the first cut before she showed any signs of fatting up the lower buds. So anyone in the same situation don't give up if it don't look like it's working she just may need a bit of extra time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatboy77 said:

Pointless, harvest and start again. But I see time as my most valuable resource. 

Yep, that's where I lean, although you definitely will get a bit more weight by doing a 2 part crop, the amount you gain is considerably less than the amount you loose by get less crops done in the year. But I suppose it depends on growing style, for someone that only does one or two grows a year it makes sense, for those of us that want a constant rotation going on it doesn't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

Pointless, harvest and start again. But I see time as my most valuable resource. 

I did it as I knew i couldn't start a new grow for a long while. So was worth it for me. Depends on the situation I guess.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

On 01/01/2021 at 4:11 PM, btk1977 said:

Yep, that's where I lean, although you definitely will get a bit more weight by doing a 2 part crop, the amount you gain is considerably less than the amount you loose by get less crops done in the year. But I suppose it depends on growing style, for someone that only does one or two grows a year it makes sense, for those of us that want a constant rotation going on it doesn't.

Yeah, I agree. The shock to your plants by cutting half of it off is going to be large (think kick in the balls). Its going to take a while before plants start loving you again!

• Like 1