Boillie bait company

Thebear666

22 minutes ago, AngryDuck said:

Be lucky to find anyone willing to pay good money till you have shown the bait works across a variety of waters. Not just some muddy stock pond and a few 10lbers, or a few 50s from a France. May find you end up giving it away just to get feedback and photos before you ever make any real money. 

It's about who you know, not what you know.

• Like 2

Yea i thought that, I am gaining a good rep I roll bait for a few local syndicate waters, And got plenty of visual break down of the bait breaking down in the testing tank, so I’ll can up load to social media and getting space in a well know carp magazine for next year, plus cos of my job I know all sale reps get deals on bulk ingredients and my boss is happy for me to do this,  but still looking for people Input, but if it pays for it self and my hobby I would consider it a success:george::george: (might even try and do a comp on here)

Edited by Thebear666
  • Like 4

Congratulations @Thebear666sounds like the bollie is well a truly rolling.... Sorry terrible pun:wassnnme:

I like the idea of cali packaging maybe tuna tin cans for the pop ups? 

The company I buy from has 'brand ambassadors' who get free or cheaper bait and all catches are then promoted via social media to promote the bait. Worth considering dependant on syndicate t&cs. 

They also do particle, tiger nut etc so could be worth considering adding to your inventory to sell as you expand. 

Sounds like you have good start with contacts and your not jeopardising your main income by keeping it to evenings and weekends. 

As long as people keep catching you'll have customers, think the comp is a great idea. best of luck. GT

• Like 2

@Thebear666

My bad, i read it like it was something new. Away for you to subsidise the growing/fishing. 

Sounds like your on the right path. Word of mouth goes a long way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thebear666 said:

Cail packaging on tin sound pretty cool like, cheers every one for the kind words :hippy:

I can see my white widow pop ups next to my gelato cork wafters......whilst I bang handfuls of kosher kush boillies in lol 

• Like 1

Pretty sure canna boilies were/are a thing. 

Plenty of people doing it mate. I would look at what can make you stand out. First off is marketing...a lot of one man bands struggle with it and then the name just disappears it seems. Good luck with it dude. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 8:36 AM, zen-ken said:

I can see my white widow pop ups next to my gelato cork wafters......whilst I bang handfuls of kosher kush boillies in lol 

just think  of the Price of them, from £8-15 A kg to £220 lol get a Snapchat dealer for them, limited stock Cherry pie boilie, dawg boillie, genuine spod mix, :skin_up::skin_up:

• Like 1

A good friend of mine had a bait company.Ultimately what happens these days is a large iirc Dutch company rolls most popular companies bait.Mostly due to the fact they produce the ingredients.

The likes of Solar if they still do bait used them he had sample packaging and it was solar gear.

The bait rolled in Holland was all preserved shelf life.Crap I call it.

You cant beat a fresh mixed frozen bait imo.If it wasn't for my mate rolling bait id still be using Mainline gear.I used to test a few bits back in the day for them.We sort of evolved Maple8 were certain.But people ultimately dont want to pay top dollar that it costs.One to source all QUALITY ingredients and two put them together well with decent eggs etc.Steamed not boiled to death.

My mate built a quality machine clever, but you cant compete with the companies that are around imo. Unless you bankroll the best anglers.

Good luck with it all though.

• Like 2