NFT Tables Noise

Angloponics

Hi All,

Very glad to have found a UK based community, hopefully the start of something great.

So to the point... I am on my second grow so I managed to tweak a lot of problems I discovered before I started my second. I am running 2x GT424 tables in a 120x120x200 tent, I found a post here about minimising the pump sounds which worked a treat so that's one issue I've dealt with. 

But now I find myself hearing the feed running back into the reservoir, the noise for me isn't the end of the world (i actually find it quite therapeutic) but I live in a terraced house and I can hear when the neighbours dog farts so I'm sure they can hear me and it concerns me.

I had thought initially when I was setting up again to have my spreader mats run down into the Res to transport the water down but then I thought that may give the roots a path.

Has anyone found a decent solution for this? 

Anglo

When I grew with NFT I used to encourage my roots to do just that. As long as they dont clog your pump then there should be no problems at all

Owd

• Like 6

Thanks for your prompt reply mate!

Oh wow really? That's great news, may not be very easy to rectify now as the plants have been in the trays a week or 2 but I'll see what I can do!

Thank you very much @Owderb

Anglo

37 minutes ago, Angloponics said:

I had thought initially when I was setting up again to have my spreader mats run down into the Res to transport the water down

nail on head mate - this is how you stop it :) 

• Like 3

Okay guys!

So I managed to alter the trays a little and have successfully got spreaders now with a few inches in the reservoirs and honestly its so silent I'm now worrying if it running or not haha.

Now to my next query. To give me the best light coverage, would it be better for my lights to run parallel with my trays or would I be better off having them as they are (in the picture)?

large.TraysLights.jpg

Thanks again guys :bong:

Anglo

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

See I can't understand the logic here, 16 plants under 2 lights is kinda pointless (although faster I get that but it's risky). They want 4 600w over them then you will be busy mate hahaha. 

Bit posh with proper Corex too.... Antinox pedestrian sheeting for £3 a sheet works good too. Are you going to scrog? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just used a bungee to hold the pump in the tank. I found that using the clear flexible pvc pipe seems to be quiter than using the white 15mm plumbing pipe. I have my own diy wooden table that holds three 424 trays that run into a standard gutter with the mats hanging into it too keep noise down. Its def a diy job but works for me.

I think paranoia plays a big part of growing in the UK. Better safe than sorry though.

Edited by spillage
  • Like 1