What are you growing for the competition?

Inspiration101

Bigfoot - Done this one before, monster plants, goliath size buds, cant go wrong with Bigfoot!  Need to grow it again to remind myself of how much I enjoyed smoking it too as I cant remember!!!!! :hippy:

Sweet Amnesia Haze - Smashing smoke, smooth, creamy, possibly better than Cream Caramel.  Takes a little longer to complete but the hit is.....well.....knocks you on that sofa :D

Sweet Skittlez - Something new to try out, sounds like a nice Indica.

Psicodelicia - Fantastic all rounder, good day time smoke, this breed dropped some good weights on cropping that made the difference between a sh*t crop and a good crop!

Gorilla Girl - Stretchy but bulks out well and is an incredibly racy smoke.  Most days I don't want or like it as I prefer couch lock and relaxing, this one is high and energetic as f*ck.

Cream Caramel - One of my faves, part of the standard :)

Well that's me.  I have a few 31 days into 12/12 so will hopefully pull off two grows during this competition hence the wide variety I intend to grow.

• Like 13

always loved the cream caramel ..also was totally pleasantly suprised by how tasty and strong the sweet auto gelato is ,currently got 3 zkittles a couple of weeks off finishing ,they couldnt have been easier to grow .would do well with a wick ,didnt like the tangie one ..was dare i say ..too orangey..need to think this time round how and what ..like never before .

• Like 10

Nice selection @Inspiration101 looks like im going to try the following 3 strains

Sweet Zkittlez

Ice Cool

S.A.D. Sweet Afgani Delicious

Just hope i can keep these girls small ie no more than 2ft, should be fun.

Toke...

• Like 11

i was looking at the bigfoot too, it looks promising.

last time i did cream caramel, blackjack and SAD, they were all really good to be fair. 

this time, hmmmmmm

i might do the SAD again, just because its tasty, im also thinking maybe jack 47, double white, er...gorilla girl, maybe ...the blackjack was a mondo yeilder, ...er more thought needed.

• Like 8

For my Sweet Seeds competition grow I have picked up:

Sweet Zkittlez®

Sweet Thai® and

Red Hot Cookies®

:yinyang:

• Like 8

The Messiah is going old school when he returns, he's very much enjoyed the Sweet Amnesia Haze so the obvious choice has to be a close relative - Jack 47.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i was looking at the bigfoot too, it looks promising.

It most certainly is, if you select it you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

It most certainly is, if you select it you won't be disappointed.

do you know the parentage of it, it just says unknown sativa/unknown indica on seedfinder?

any idea? whats the stone like? is it a heavy hitter or a daytime sitter?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, badbillybob said:

do you know the parentage of it, it just says unknown sativa/unknown indica on seedfinder?

Surely Sweet Seeds can give this information up now?  Is it really super secret intellectual property now at this point in the breeds life?

@Sweet Seeds Apolo  Is there someone's arm you can twist to share with us the lineage of this older line please?

I should have photos of my grow, will dig them out and see what memories it bring up from 5,6 or 7 years ago - That's a lot of spliffs between then and now, I will do some maths on that too, I love maths ;)

Here is my diary from the grow: 

And a bit from the end of the grow: 

Thanks for all the thumbs up, projects pretty much over, just this update and some final photos and thoughts - Photos to follow later.

I have been very ill the past week so just about had the energy to weigh the dried buds in the jars, and here are the results with a little explanation as to what I think :

Oldtimes bx - Subscription seeds from the uk420 forum - I mainlined them and then cut their finishing time down, they easily had another two or maybe even three weeks in them as the buds were not quite fattened up and matured like the other plants. This was the biggest annoyance for me, it had to happen as I had a fresh attack of bugs chewing the plants up. 124g of dried and manicured buds. Nice and tasty in my glass bong, very smooth and clean.

Cream47 - From a Resinous Monstrous pack gifted by Sweet Seeds Tommy @ Product Earth expo last year - they were both in the dark spot of the tent, surrounded by larger other plants, drowned by the others in fact. I stripped many lower branches from these two plants to the point we are talking only three branches and a main stem on each, as a result these are the most resin packed buds I have ever seen ! The buds smell and taste nicest of all, so much so I will be buying some more cream47 to give them another chance. My new favourite, beating Sweet Cheese. 32g of dried manicured buds.

Bigfoot - From a Resinous Monstrous pack gifted by Sweet Seeds Tommy @ Product Earth expo last year - Stole most of the light, made things difficult for the others to thrive, Bigfoot lived up to her name, biggest, fattest, fast flowering, solid bud formations, very impressed, if I wanted yield from a monster then Bigfoot is the way forwards ! A lovely smoke, clearly ready to crop very early n fast also which was great, very yummy, may not be my favourite but am over the moon still. 187g of dried manicured (and rock solid mature) buds.

So I barely made just over 0.5g/watt. This is due to many factors, multiple breeds, one bulb in a two bulb size tent (remedied for next project), bug infestation - Nuked and cleaned (proof will be in next project), and most importantly of all : I'm a newb having fun lol

Just didn't revisit Bigfoot due to the abundance of options Sweet Seeds has to offer.

If I could I would have every breed on the go, sadly I can only do 3 or 4 at a time, still working my way through the catalogue and it doesn't help when they keep releasing new ones!!!

More sheds, more risk, wouldn't be a fun grow :(

When you guys at Sweet Seeds need a corporate IT guy that provides premium internal support remotely worldwide - Look me up, I can be in Barcelona anytime! 

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

With all this lockdowns due to nasty Covid I now work from home in the room which housed this tent.  I visit the shed often and am constantly stoned - But no more, I have smoked all my weed, and that's a lot of frickin weed.

6 or 7 weeks dry time for me now until my current grow is complete: Cream Caramel, Psicodelicia and Gorilla Girl.  Hurry up girls, daddy is strung out! :D

Bigfoot is going to see me through lockdowns as she will yield massively, and faster than the average:

I sent two people out with some testers to a party, think I gave them a 1/4oz each, they are my close friends, weed has no cash value to me:

On 4/7/2016 at 5:30 PM, !HEMPFRUIT! said:

What was the smell/flavour of the bigfoot like?

@@Inspiration101

I am told - Earthy, smooth, Sweet, solid buds that crumble real well in grinder, gonna ask my dealer what rubbish he is selling me, got real high on it, oops I forgot, the best tester ever, mild flavour, creeps up on you, can I have some more.

There we go, pretty good phrases from multiple people.

Bigfoot is very nice for sure !

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 5

On 2/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, badbillybob said:

So sorry but we don't know anything about it...

It is top secret ;)

Sweet smokes!!

• Like 7

I hate you all :)    Not really guys , just the green eyed envy monster in me as i cant do indoors ... just yet.

I wish all you guys & girls the very best of luck, i hope you have a great grow and may the best grower be victorious :yep:     

• Like 8

Think my lineup will be cream caramel, sweet zkittlez, gorilla girl and red hot cookies can't wait to get started I might try and squeeze in 2 grows we'll see, times flown by seems like it wasn't long ago I started my cream caramel and black cream autos. Good luck again everyone.

• Like 9

been on my mind this ..also went and had a look at previous competitions as well ..do i do fv or autos ..i want to clean me tent right out but not lose me disco biscuit or dreamberry so ..if i time this right i will be able to do some autos ..i do like an auto ..especially the gelato one ..also need to revisit +speed ...not sure what else yet .

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

been on my mind this ..also went and had a look at previous competitions as well ..do i do fv or autos ..i want to clean me tent right out but not lose me disco biscuit or dreamberry so ..if i time this right i will be able to do some autos ..i do like an auto ..especially the gelato one ..also need to revisit +speed ...not sure what else yet .

So envious and also so excited to see all the Sweets ladies being grown out by some great growers.

On the subject of strain selection - 

I very rarely see Black Cream Auto being done , its a wonderful looking plant, fantastic aroma, taste and the effect is very nice.  

I also see very very few Black Jack , Sweet Tai and the one im doing outdoors now, Wild Rose.   Would be nice to see an indoor version of what im doing outdoors.  

All the best and with so many good strains to choose from im sure you will arrive at a very nice line up.   

• Like 5