Anyone used predator mites for thrips?

dan6

Greetings fellow stoners and sufferers of pests.

Unfortunately I have a thrip infestation in my room at 3 weeks into 12/12. I don't want to spray anything so Ive purchased 2 types of predatory mites - Amblyseius swirskii and Amblyseius cucumeris. They come in sachets and you hang them on the plants.

My question for anyone in the know is - can I leave my oscillating fans on? (Above and below the scrog canopy) Do the fans inhibit the mites in any way? 

Many thanks in advance for any replies 

Dan

Just leave you're fans on mate they will be fine, though if you've got a heavy infestation you probably would of been better off with the loose predators in breeding boxes to get the thrip population under control. I use swirski pouch's myself and they do the job for light infestations and as a Ipm. 

There's a thread in the organic section by @FarmerPalmersNT on breeding and using rove beetles mate, will be worth a read aswell. 

• Like 1

Worked a treat for me. You want to try and keep your humidity up in the 60-70 range if you can. But since you week 3, shouldn't be an issue. I think it took like 3 or 4 days and they were gone :yep: 

Also have found this works well if applied as soon as you see the fuckers

https://www.homebase.co.uk/ecofective-ready-to-use-bug-control-1l_p405367

• Like 1