T5 48w any good

Firstimegrower_420

going to start taking cuttings off my two plants as I train them before going into flower and going ti use a smaller tent for starting off clones and to keep there until i can move into my other tent but need to wait until the 2 plants ive got are done. 

Anyway is a T5 48w 2 strip light any good to do what i want, im going off to buy some clone x and all the littoe things I need but git no light and know the place sells them for £50

The tent is only 50x90x160 so not big at all but ideal for what i want it for

Thanks 

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

That light will be fine for rooting your cuts under. Cuttings like very low light levels so don't have the light too close. A piece of white paper covering the prop is good trick I find.

You could use that tent to veg them ready for when the others come out but you'll need a stronger light. A 250hid would be good, or one of the various types of led that are about now

• Like 1

If you fancy building one, Diyleduk is still doing 3 Samsung strips for a tenner, (in the clearance section)

Dimmable Driver and metal work would take you just over £50 but would give you a much more versatile light.

ATB :oldtoker:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Clumsy said:

If you fancy building one, Diyleduk is still doing 3 Samsung strips for a tenner, (in the clearance section)

Dimmable Driver and metal work would take you just over £50 but would give you a much more versatile light.

ATB :oldtoker:

Thanks @Clumsy but tbh I dont have a ckue how to build things like that and wkuld rather pay for aomeone to build it up. 

I ended up just buying a Maxibright 125w CFL light and a hamger as I can then hang it in my other tent to help with heat when im not using it.