Newbie looking for premixed medium recommendations

ladymay

Hi there,

I just completed my first grow. It was done entirely in coco peat, I learned a lot but it was a lot of effort and am looking for something much simpler for my next grow.

I have organic compost already at home that I use for my house plants and mixed it myself with remaining coco, perlite, and tree bark, but I feel like it will still just be too dense for cannabis.

What organic premixed mediums can you recommend me that are full of nutrients and don't require so much feeding and supplementation? That really took it out of me.

I am growing indoors for reference, if that changes anything.

Thank you

Cant recommend plant magic soil plus supreme more, its been a dream for my first grow and have a bag waiting for my next  it can be a bit expensive at £15 for 50L but well worth it! 

I used this medium with biobizz grow and bloom

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dov1 said:

Cant recommend plant magic soil plus supreme more, its been a dream for my first grow and have a bag waiting for my next  it can be a bit expensive at £15 for 50L but well worth it! 

I used this medium with biobizz grow and bloom

second this added with anything between 150-500ml of added ecothrive charge :) cheap and cheerful.

Thanks both! And you don't need much supplementation? I have very soft water (46ppm, virtually no calcium & magnesium), it looks like this has dolomite lime in it, so I may be safe?

I had seen the biobizz grow and bloom. What is ecothrive charge?

1 hour ago, ladymay said:

Thanks both! And you don't need much supplementation? I have very soft water (46ppm, virtually no calcium & magnesium), it looks like this has dolomite lime in it, so I may be safe?

I had seen the biobizz grow and bloom. What is ecothrive charge?

A growth enhancer. Strong, but great stuff and it contains Cal & Mag. Google ecothrive's range of products.

If you go to Growell's home page they do a Tropic Bat Mix which is very, very good soil

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Exhale said:

Plant Magic potting mix is not organic compost :yep:

You want to be looking at Ecothrives Eco-Life potting mix or something similar.

Thank you for pointing this out, I would've completely missed it :unsure:

I will check out Ecothrives range, thanks :skull:

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, Larry Badgeley said:

If you go to Growell's home page they do a Tropic Bat Mix which is very, very good soil

I'm using this too on my current run, planted the seeds direct in this fine.
The only issue I had was my own fault as I left it too long before I potted up.

On 24/09/2020 at 11:27 AM, Exhale said:

@ladymay if you check out our site sponsor @diyleduk they've just re-stocked the eco-thrive range :yep:

Thanks! I was wondering where to buy it from as everywhere seems sold out!

I just saw what batmix you recommended before, I don't know why I didn't see it before. I am wondering, are batmixes too hot to germinate seedlings in? And do they need to be potted up every two weeks? That seems a lot of work for me!

Tagging @loki-will-kill-you for more info on the batmix.

Edited by ladymay

I'm by no means an expert on the batmix but I'll give you the info I know.

I've germinated plenty of seeds in it no problem (24+ seeds of various strains)

I started in a 10cm pot, then after 2 weeks up-potted to 3.8L, then after a few weeks 12L and then after about a month 39L.

It depends if you're growing fully organic or if you're using chem feed etc and how big you're growing the plants, Mine stood at 7ft6 in the 39L pots before I just gave them a haircut.

I've always used Biobizz light mix with some root juice, grow, bloom & fish mix when I had it. Seemed easy enough, it's served me well the last couple of years but I'm aware not everyone is a Biobizz fan.

whichever soil mix you use you will need to add cal/mag, the only organic cal/mag i've found is in the biobiz range. i'm using plagron allmix has everything but cal/mag in the mix so i add it from day one.