Banana Strains?

Top Shotta

• 9 months later...

I would like to try banana punch by green house but I already have my hands tied never tried a banana strain before .

i think my tastebuds must be fucked, ive never smoked anything that even remotely resembles weed that tastes of bannanas.

im as cynical as they come though, and am sure its probably just marketing bollox, same as with oranges/ tangerine tasting buds (cue outraged responses)

either that or my tastebuds are totally fucked, but i doubt it, i can taste good weed, when its good. .

• Like 3

Just now, badbillybob said:

i think my tastebuds must be fucked, ive never smoked anything that even remotely resembles weed that tastes of bannanas.

im as cynical as they come though, and am sure its probably just marketing bollox, same as with oranges/ tangerine tasting buds (cue outraged responses)

either that or my tastebuds are totally fucked, but i doubt it, i can taste good weed, when its good. .

Same thoughts back in the day with the strawberry ones 

• Like 2

Just now, badbillybob said:

same as with oranges/ tangerine tasting bud

No man, I’ve had orange tasting weed before. Orange and cream stands out for real orange flavour.

the gelato auto I just finished definitely tasted of mango. 

then the citrus fruits lemon, lime and grapefruit. BCN critical is a real grapefruit taste.

as for strawberrys or bananas or cherry or or watermelon or biscuit, no chance. Just tastes of weed. I mean strawberry haze was fit, sweet as hell, but still a sweet weed taste not strawberries (I am looking at strawberry field by Crockett farms if anyone has an opinion on that, the picture looks incredible. It’s a worked strawberry banana cream line).

i have had weed that tasted full on washing powder and a hash that was a real lemon pledge taste before.

im smoking critical banana smoothie right now from taste buds and I can honestly say, without a doubt, it tastes like weed. It’s nice, I’d say sour skittlez taste and smell but with a sweet after taste. I really like it and it really does have some of the densest buds of any plant I’ve grown (this may be the new light though) but as for tasting like bananas. It has been a while since I ate a banana but nevertheless I’m sure I remember the taste and this does not taste like banana. I have found four seeds so far but it was in a real low bud that was right next to where the zips close so it may have been light leak. If it wasn’t for this I’d recommend it as it’s a lot stronger than the dawgs around here at the minute, an actual one spliff weed. (Kosher dawg is the one here at the minute. do they know there are other types of weed).

• Like 2

I had some Banana Kush from a Canadian M.O.M back in '06 and it was just like those Banana foam sweets - amazing stone too, one of the best smokes I've had - top 5 for sure. Never smoked anything like it since. His Purple Kush was amazing too and tasted properly "Purple" like Kush-Parma-Violets if you know what I mean - lovely stuff.

Had another strain called "Special Olympics" (don't look at me, I didn't make up the name) which was a ceiling-less Sativa that smelled like oranges and baby sick and was the most potent herb I've ever come across in 25 years- No1 smoke and I've no idea of the actual strain - infuriating!

So yes there are definitely fruity, berry, cheesy, roast chicken, baby sick and other flavours out there but I reckon it's down to pheno hunting to find them and get the magic combo of great terps, good stone and yield. Happy hunting!

I also grew out Tropicanna Banana from Barneys - its not Banana by any means but I think I got some Cookies in there because it was sweet fruity berries and I've smoked the lot already! Its the one I regret not taking a cutting from - lesson learned!.

I’m running IHG’s Banana Cake outdoors & she has just started developing buds. Wedding Cake x Banana OG.

Too early for any sort of aromas but if she smells of bananas I’ll report back.

In the mean time I found this on one of the forums...

Second plant is banana cake also second time growing and will not be the last. This stature wise leaned to the cake side with large large colas and large buds most of the way down. But the smell is all banana, I am not good at smells but this one was startling strong banana or warm banana bread. Extremely sticky that will ruin a set of scissors in a short time and leave your gloves a mess. Probably 2.5 times stretch which height wise all you could get in a tent but not really unruly.

I’m also running Black Cherry Pie from IHG, hoping for some cherry pie aromas!!!

I had a banana peel smell from strawberry banana reserva.

Strawberry haze is defo fruity strawberry back in the day.

• 2 months later...

IHG’s Banana Cake is one of the strongest things i’ve grown in a while, knocked me sideways but can’t say it tastes or smells of bananas.

Great bag appeal, rock hard nugs. This was my first run and i’ll definitely run her again.

The only thing you’re gonna find with some of these suggestions is hermie bananas… I don’t think you’ll find anything remotely banana tasting in a pack of seeds, as mentioned above… marketing bollocks :) 

• 1 year later...

Has anyone ran TH Seeds Purple Banana Cream? Again meant to taste and smell like sweet banana? If anyone has grown or smoked it I'd appreciate your opinion ta very much. Peace.