Alien Rain mimic to drain series system

Danco

Just came across the Alien Rain mimic drain to waste/recirculating system and wondered if any had brought or new of any one using the system. not sure the rain mimicking aspect will make much of a difference compared to systems like the flora flow matrix etc but the system as a whole looks quite impressive if looking to get all in one.

Always found alien kits way over priced for what they are tbh but not seen alien mimic will have to google now lol. :bong:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirk-diggler-planttickler said:

Always found alien kits way over priced for what they are tbh but not seen alien mimic will have to google now lol. :bong:

Agreed, very interesting system though, I like the rain style distribution of the nutrients into the medium, just wish I could buy that specific part to sit on top of my coco in air pots. :wallbash: similar to the flora flex matrix I guess 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danco said:

Agreed, very interesting system though, I like the rain style distribution of the nutrients into the medium, just wish I could buy that specific part to sit on top of my coco in air pots. :wallbash: similar to the flora flex matrix I guess 

I watched a YouTube video on it. It’s basically a sheet with holes and 2 drippers that flood the sheet to create the rain feed. It might just be me being an a hole but I get the strong taste of making a simple system overly complicated for the the sake of it. Or though I m more then happy to be proven wrong. It is cool that they thinking outside the box so too speak. Would love to see more videos of it working lol :smokin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirk-diggler-planttickler said:

I watched a YouTube video on it. It’s basically a sheet with holes and 2 drippers that flood the sheet to create the rain feed. It might just be me being an a hole but I get the strong taste of making a simple system overly complicated for the the sake of it. Or though I m more then happy to be proven wrong. It is cool that they thinking outside the box so too speak. Would love to see more videos of it working lol :smokin:

I’m a sucker for advertising to be fair, glad I’m already attempting to build a system or else I might have made a stupid decision :bong:

3 hours ago, Danco said:

I’m a sucker for advertising to be fair, glad I’m already attempting to build a system or else I might have made a stupid decision :bong:

I m the same I m like a magpie.... ooo shinny lol 

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

dont believe the hype....

Buying the flora matrix pot inserts will give same result for pennies in comparison. (Slides credit card bank into wallet):george:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I know they are expensive to buy, but they last. I bought a Flood & Drain XL in 2014, and its still going strong now. Its quite economical considering.

My issue with them is that as soon as they have a new system, they ditch all support for the old systems - they no longer stock parts I need. Going to have to dump the Alien setup, sadly, and change to someone who wont just dump their old kit when the new stuff is released. Shame really, as the Alien F&D XL grows monstrous plants, given the right conditions.