spider mite control that works

wilson2

hi I've been fighting spider mite infestations for yrs. about 6mths ago I read an article on spider mite in the 420mag forum. It involved covering the fan inlet to the room with stainless mesh 120microns, I modified this recommendation to 100microns built a large frame to allow extra surface area so I didn't choke my inlet fan, and 2 grows latter next to  no spider mite. The mites can still come in on me or back through the extraction fan. However the extraction fan kicks in during the dark cycle so hopefully this is enough to keep them clear. I run co2 so the fans aren't operating during the light cycle. As an added precaution I spray the room with a bug spray which I got from the local hydro supplier in between grows. We are coming into the warmer month now hopefully I will still be able to keep them at bay.

Under the counter agricultural pesticide from your local grow shop.  At least that's what works for me.  £15 for a vial.  Spray, then four days later spray again.  Try another grow shop?

Edited by Inspiration101

If you wanna go full on toxic-death-to-all style get a Hotshot No Pest strip. About 18 quid from fleabay. These things kill everything in you area, they give me a headache and are banned in California due to them thinking that a chemical in them gives you cancer....but they do work like a charm, it says to have open for up to 4 months on the packet, I find 10 days is enough to kill the bastard Borg and their shitey off spring.

Or you can go down the Harkers Spot on route, 10 quid from fleabay again, its for pigeons but works for lots of beasties, pop 0.5 ml of Harkers per 1 liter of water and spray when lights are off.

These are both last resort ways of doing it, best try neem et all first as they are a lot less toxic to everything.

• 3 years later...

hi I've been fighting spider mite infestations for yrs. about 6mths ago I read
 an article on spider mite in the 420mag forum. It involved covering the fan
 inlet to the room with stainless mesh 120microns, I modified this recommendation
 to 100microns built a large frame to allow extra surface area so I didn't choke
 my inlet fan, and 6 grows later next to no spider mite. The mites can still come
 in on me or back through the extraction fan. However the extraction fan kicks in
 during the dark cycle so hopefully this is enough to keep them clear. I run co2 
so the fans aren't operating during the light cycle. As an added precaution I spray
 the room with a bug spray which I got from the local hydro supplier in between grows.
(I posted this on the 420.com forum 2yrs ago , I have only had one infestation since
so if you have a sealed grow room this method works)