Is this the start of problems

Firstimegrower_420

hi all, as the username suggests I'm a first time grower and opted to use coco as i can get obbessive about things and enjoy checking my plants daily so feeding won't be a problem 

Today they're 3 week old and ive already transplanted into the main pot which is 12lite in size

Ive transplanted twice as they just grow and seem to overtake the pot theyre put into which is why i just went into the big pot and they didnhave good roots.

Anyway I noticed a blotch on one of the leaves, not sure if its from having led 275w to close so ive moved that back

I was told by a local grower we don't need calmag as water is soft and he's never any problems but ive checked on yourube and there's mentioning of purple stem and vein on leafs being magnesium deficiency.

I'm using canna pro coco 70% and 30% perlite and my other plant looks grand 

But ive no idea and wondered if I should be adding some calmag to my nutrients and would it do any harm if I realise it is heat stress and ve already added calmag, basically it wont harm the plant will it? 

Ive added a pic and its the bottom left leaf I mean and ice alreadt started LST 

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite pics

I think you have jumped up pot size to quick and that may have caused this issue . It’s hard to water a small plant in a large pot properly. Always best to pot up if poss.you could add cal mag if you feel you need , I feel it’s to much of pot size jump tbh .

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

I think you have jumped up pot size to quick and that may have caused this issue . It’s hard to water a small plant in a large pot properly. Always best to pot up if poss.you could add cal mag if you feel you need , I feel it’s to much of pot size jump tbh .

Thanks bud, i only put them in there yesterday and didn't water at first and then when i did i only gave the same volume of feed and kinda knew the circumference of where the roots were so focused around there 

I've no idea if I need to use calmag or not which is why i posted here for advice

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

27 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

I was told by a local grower we don't need calmag as water is soft

Tell that local grower he's talking out of his arse. You are more likely to need Cal/mag when the water is soft. Its when its med/hard you are more likely not to need it. You should only use cal/mag if the plant is showing it needs it and not as a must use

Plus you dont need to add any perlite to coco. Its just taking space up that the roots could use

Owd

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Tell that local grower he's talking out of his arse. You are more likely to need Cal/mag when the water is soft. Its when its med/hard you are more likely not to need it. You should only use cal/mag if the plant is showing it needs it and not as a must use

Plus you dont need to add any perlite to coco. Its just taking space up that the roots could use

Owd

Thanks @Owderbso looking at the photo can you say if the plant needs it or not?

Im just going to comment on the purple stems bit, nearly every pic of plants over the last few months ive seen on here have stems like this, my girls have stems like this.. im starting to think the leaf stems just go purple normally lol

I have read it can happen due to stress.. so repotting or LST etc 

• Like 3

Looks heat stressed and/or over watered from here, as said likely made worse with the potting up too early.

You should fill in the growroom profile on your profile just to save yourself repeating yourself (I clicked it to check what fan you were using)... What's the fan situation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kronic420 said:

How often u watering, looks under/over watered 

@kronic420I was watering everyday using the canna guide but keeping my nutrients to around 50/60% strength, I gave light watering last night and havent touched them since as im unsure if I should do it everyday or do the wet/dry lift test

@Firstimegrower_420 then I’d say over watered, plant looks small for the size pot it’s in, I’d water every 2-3 days with a slightly higher ec till you build a bigger plant and root system. If you start watering everyday in coco to early the roots won’t fill the pot very quick you’ve got to build up to watering everyday. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Firstimegrower_420 said:

@kronic420I was watering everyday using the canna guide but keeping my nutrients to around 50/60% strength, I gave light watering last night and havent touched them since as im unsure if I should do it everyday or do the wet/dry lift test

Feed every day mate. Don't go over 1ec/500ppm for plants that size. 

Ph5.7-6.5

Let them dry out and the nutes turn back Into salts and build up quite quickly. 

• Like 1

@kronic420 and @Captain buckfastim a little confused here as 1 says dint feed every day and another says feed everyday lol

Should I feed tonight or leave them to dry out, my feed time as around now

I know they look small in those pots but they came out 6" pots, and with doing the LST they've taken over a good 3rd of the circumference now. 

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite pics

13 minutes ago, kronic420 said:

How was the root system when you repotted and have you been watering till you get a good amount of run off ? 

@kronic420the root system.was good, i saw little roots popping out tge bottom and it was when I went ti transplant I seen rhe wrap around and was suprised as there were loads and all looked great,

I even wore gloves on transplant and made the hole using the pot j was taking it out of so it was a perfect slot inside, I then watered around the circumference of the plants but not the whole pot as it was pointless doing that at that stage

I mixed 3 litre up and split it between the two plants until I had run off and at that point I stopped. 

Theyre all indicas im growing so they'll be short and bushy

I'm starting to wonder of i should get a trowel and dig them back out and try and downsize a pot or two?  I just don't want to stress them.

Edited by Firstimegrower_420