leak test fail safe dwc

drgreeno

So am fillin my tank and nervous of my connections. My 50mms i was advised a bit of silicone around the threads . So i used aquarium silicone ofc

Problem with that is when u screw them hand tight the rubber slips out with smallest of silicone and squezes out of the nut. Needless to say i pushed em all backintoplace and didnt tighten any more.

The displacement of over tightening csn cause the rubber to expand away from the seal. Ive seen people crank em up with spanners and upoj doing this i tryed it it pissed water.

So hand tight does it n cover it in silicone once dry threads nut n all.

I have my nut and thread inside my tank not outside or i cant dismantle it after.

My failsafe when testing is i have a 100litre cloner i sit in the tank. Or if ur individual buckets sit a buckey smaller in each or a 4l water bottle.

Fill ya tank. If u spot a leak u remove the tank or bottles fast and water level will drop dramaticly below the level and you csn adress the problem without removing buckets of water  in a panic.

Wish me luck

Edited by drgreeno
  • Like 1

i had a 16 pot  - 60 litre tote system built that kept leaking . i kept bailing ou the tent, changing tank connectors etc. i sacked the job off, and it was only when i was taking the pots out to the shed i noticed a couple had small holes in the bottom- at the casting marks, in the centre of the buckets.

took me at least 4 or 5 fixes./ refills./ floods to find out ha ha 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 5:01 PM, badbillybob said:

i had a 16 pot  - 60 litre tote system built that kept leaking . i kept bailing ou the tent, changing tank connectors etc. i sacked the job off, and it was only when i was taking the pots out to the shed i noticed a couple had small holes in the bottom- at the casting marks, in the centre of the buckets.

took me at least 4 or 5 fixes./ refills./ floods to find out ha ha 

Fuck off @badbillybob
ahahah wtf have u done why why why did u fekin jinxx me lol Am blaming u now.

As i go and find a giant leak im like whyyy

All my connectioms are sound i find this..... then i think who can i blame now wasnt me... billy he didnt warn me about pin fekin holes..... little did i know billy tried to save his arse while i was bailong water out my friggin tent...typing this hmm somthing fishy here and its gota be the bad boy lol..

My gooddd a pin hole wot the acual.... large.Screenshot_20200916-123357_Messenger.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200916-123403_Messenger.jpg

Not my fault lol My leakproof shit works well but billys damn pinholes dont let ya know till hrs later lol. Luckily i was lazy and left it half full n went to sleep for 24hrs instead of finnishing filling by 5l buckets to get a water level measure lol.

Damnnn .

Gona silicone inside it. Solvent weld a disk on if they can be solvented and leaktaped

Edited by drgreeno

Polyproplene is the plastic on really usefulls. I need to cut a hole for my spray bar so. Being as its not solventable but states thermal plastics can be repaired with heat so im gona melt the hole with the waste bit i drill out.

I had waterproof poly sheet doen somehow leaked also

Edited by drgreeno

3 hours ago, drgreeno said:

Fuck off @badbillybob
ahahah wtf have u done why why why did u fekin jinxx me lol Am blaming u now.

As i go and find a giant leak im like whyyy

All my connectioms are sound i find this..... then i think who can i blame now wasnt me... billy he didnt warn me about pin fekin holes..... little did i know billy tried to save his arse while i was bailong water out my friggin tent...typing this hmm somthing fishy here and its gota be the bad boy lol..

My gooddd a pin hole wot the acual.... large.Screenshot_20200916-123357_Messenger.jpglarge.Screenshot_20200916-123403_Messenger.jpg

Not my fault lol My leakproof shit works well but billys damn pinholes dont let ya know till hrs later lol. Luckily i was lazy and left it half full n went to sleep for 24hrs instead of finnishing filling by 5l buckets to get a water level measure lol.

Damnnn .

Gona silicone inside it. Solvent weld a disk on if they can be solvented and leaktaped

soldering iron and a zip tie, thats what i used, held up well, for years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badbillybob said:

soldering iron and a zip tie, thats what i used, held up well, for years. 

Hahaha nice idea man 

Same system u found leaking or did ya kick it lol.

I cant believe it all come out a pin hole

Ha ha ha.

Aye it doesnt take much eh? i emptied hundreds of litres through a couple of them sized holes. 

i was ages before i found mine. ive still got the boxes, cops didnt take them last time.

might use them in a s system when i finish my shed build. i will be putting a pond liner down first tho ha ha , to be sure to be suure. 

shame about the plastering, it ll dry out tho, in time.