Growers Ark - Flush it!

Caly

So I will begin my flush on Monday and have been recommended GA's - Flush it, so really just want to ask the people who use this a couple of questions:

In the user guide, it advises people who use drain to waste systems (like myself) to use flush it once a day or more if possible, in that case should I just stick to my normal 4 feeds in a 24hr cycle, or do I need to change anything here?

And during this 2 weeks of flushing using this product, should I see or expect a continued increase in yield? 

From the horse's mouth:

"Flush it

by Dr. Martin Hodgkins August 06, 2017

Note Flush It will only work at it’s best if the plant is healthy and has good healthy roots.

** Make flush up at 5mls/ltr this should give an EC of around 1-1.2.

Use flush as follows.

In pots and run to waste systems add flush until around 20% of the volume has run through the pots check the EC of this run off it will be above 1.2. Each time you flush the plants (every 1 or 2 days if possible) the EC of the run off will increase, often going off the scale of the EC meter, this is the flush working.

In recirculating systems check the EC of the tank/barrel and when this EC has risen to around 3 replace the Flush It in the tank/barrel. Note as recirculating systems continually run the nutrient over the roots this may happen in a few days.

After 10-14 days of flushing the EC of the run off will start to drop back to the starting levels of around 1-1.2 when this has happened you have successfully flushed your plants and should have a better product.

In recirculating systems check the EC of the tank/barrel and when this EC has risen to around 3 replace the Flush It in the tank/barrel. Note as recirculating systems continually run the nutrient over the roots this may happen in a few days.

After 10-14 days of flushing the EC of the run off will start to drop back to the starting levels of around 1-1.2 when this has happened you have successfully flushed your plants and should have a better product."

**Note that 1.1-1.2ec figure might be assuming 0ec water, so you may have to add your water's ec.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

You keep everything as normal and just use flush it as instructed on the botte. If your plants are being fed 4 times a day, you will continue to feed them that amount but with flush it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

You keep everything as normal and just use flush it as instructed on the botte. If your plants are being fed 4 times a day, you will continue to feed them that amount but with flush it.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for.