Bugs or not?

Guest Teesside

Guest Teesside

Hey guy so I have 5 autos and a few of them are showing tiny little holes in only a few of there leaves maybe between 1 and two leaves on each plant 

I'm in the tent everyday and never noticed any bugs have checked under leaves and nothing there should I be worried large.20200912_201120.jpglarge.20200912_201030.jpglarge.20200912_200957.jpg

It looks like a very small vampire has been feeding on them :)

To be serious - whatever it is, isn't all that hungry. Your plant is going to survive.

I would be interested if someone knows for sure what it is.

Guest Teesside
5 minutes ago, Bayleaf said:

It looks like a very small vampire has been feeding on them :)

To be serious - whatever it is, isn't all that hungry. Your plant is going to survive.

I would be interested if someone knows for sure what it is.

Aww man im gutted my biggest fear is bugsi would definitely like to know what it is for sure 

A really miniscule hole will get larger as the leaf grows .The leaf may have been folded down and ever so slightly damaged or a water droplet = light = magnifying effect .

• Like 1

Guest Teesside
5 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

A really miniscule hole will get larger as the leaf grows .The leaf may have been folded down and ever so slightly damaged or a water droplet = light = magnifying effect .

Tbf I have been tucking leaves trying to expose potential bud sites and have damaged a few so hopefully that's the case are you saying in your experience these don't look like bugs 

2 minutes ago, Teesside said:

Tbf I have been tucking leaves trying to expose potential bud sites and have damaged a few so hopefully that's the case are you saying in your experience these don't look like bugs 

Probably not a bug ,but no harm to use a preventative before flowering at least . 

Guest Teesside
Just now, Michael Luchóg said:

Probably not a bug ,but no harm to use a preventative before flowering at least . 

what would you advise yellow sticky traps just so i know for sure 

Just now, Teesside said:

what would you advise yellow sticky traps just so i know for sure 

Some garlic juice ,neem , one drop of wash up liquid ,maybe soak a cigarette in warm water .Bugs don't like the nicotine . 

Guest Teesside

Thanks guys will look into neem dont fancy soaking fags in warm water sounds pretty dirty to me not saying it dont work just dont like the thought of that thanks again apretiate your expertise 

Edited by Teesside

I put a teaspoon in 2L with my feed and then water the plant as normal. This helps to keep fungus gnats at bay. I also have a spray bottle with a teaspoon full and a few drops of washing up liquid. I spray the surface of the pot too - you need to keep at it, as the gnats lay eggs that hatch after a few days.

Yellow sticky strips are really good.

Edited by Bayleaf

Guest Teesside
10 minutes ago, Bayleaf said:

I put a teaspoon in 2L with my feed and then water the plant as normal. This helps to keep fungus gnats at bay. I also have a spray bottle with a teaspoon full and a few drops of washing up liquid. I spray the surface of the pot too - you need to keep at it, as the gnats lay eggs that hatch after a few days.

Yellow sticky strips are really good.

Have just ordered some will follow ur advise