Rotted Bud In B-Quick Ice Water Washer

bfehillbilly

I have some bud that has spots of rot in it was wondering if I could run this through my B-Quick and if so how long would you recommend I have ran clean bud and trim before but never used buds with spots of rot any suggestions would be appreciated some nice bubble hash would be nice 

I'll respond with a question: why do people even consider using rotting bud when they know they shouldn't eat rotting food because it will make them sick?  

• Like 2

I had heard somewhere that it would be ok that the contaminants would float and the trichomes will sink but wasn't sure so I thought I would ask on here thanks for your responses I think I will just throw it away 

• Like 1

i done it years ago, and then after draining the 73u bag i dipped it into water to wash it out again a few times. then i made some cookies out of it, i thought the cooking part would kill any remaining bits of rot. i got stoned of them cookies and never made me ill, but i would chuck it away, unless you havnt got any spare and need a buzz ? i would deffo not smoke it tho, i read years ago that it can get into your lungs and do nasty damage. :fart:

• Like 1

Might try running it and make some brownies probably will just toss it I have plenty to smoke still have plenty of  jars full in the freezer from the last couple years was just trying to salvage this stuff and haven't used my B-Quick in several years I will use up some of my surplus to make some bubble done got my heart set on some now 

Fungi produce toxins. Toxins will not wash out (probably just spread to the unaffected parts of the bud). If I'm honest, it probably won't cause you any immediate harm. 

The thing that will cause you harm is have the type of attitude that leads to repetitively thinking "yeah it'll probably be alright" in situations like this that will cause minor, non-immediate damage to your body which will cause cracks. 

E.g. eating food that is past it is thought to introduce toxins and bacteria to your gut that will increase your chances of developing some of the worst slow wasting diseases. If you like food so much that you're willing to eat rotten food, perhaps you need to look at your relationship with food.. 

Edited by Nervous
  • Like 2

I don't eat rotten food and I don't smoke rotten buds I been smoking for 39 years and growing for 35 was just wondering if it could be made into bubble I read somewhere probably a old high times or weedworld or one of those mags years ago that the rot would float the trichs would sink but after some more research on the web I threw it in the woods and got a gallon jar of GSC from three years ago out of the freezer and made some bubble out of it got a nice big pile drying thanks for everyone's input

• Like 3

Thanks Graywolf I threw the rotted away and ran a gallon jar of GSC I had in the freezer it turned out really good been sprinkling a little in a joint can't smoke the whole thing it kicks my ass in a good way

• Like 1