Magic butter machine

Trashedagain77

I've recently seen a Magic butter machine for sale down the local grow shop (£200), which claims to help produce oil 2hrs, and butter 3hrs. Also claims to clean itself. I think it mentions bubble type bags. Anyone used one or have an opinion would be much appreciated thanks. I anticipate claims of "waste of money" and such and expect someone might be able to do the same job foram a trip to b+q for a tenner lol. Please any practical advice on making great hash, oil and butter from my best leaf trim would be really appreciated thanks again. Peace. 

• Like 1

Look on amazon or the bay for water distiller same thing as for as im aware and 70 quid or so.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 3

I just use a large pot on the stove :)

Simmer butter and water plus trim for about 3 hours, then strain, chill overnight.

Discard liquid, tada butter, ready to use straight away,

but I usually stick it back in the pot with more water, melt it down then pour into containers and stick it in the fridge to cool, then discard water again.

This clarifies the butter slightly :yep:

• Like 6

Love making the stuff, everytune I buy a cheap ounce a good quarter goes straight 

the the slow cooker with half a pack of lurpack 

Nom nom

• Like 3

For £200 you could buy a rosin press. Far more versatile.

1, you could put the rosin straight into the butter and microwave if until butter has melted and voila cannabutter

2, you could spread the rosin on a rizla and get high

3, you could put the rosin in a dab rig and get really high

4, you could do all three and sit there watching telly whilst eating weed cookies, smoking the dab rig and have a rosin spliff to fill in the gaps and get soooooo fucked you would probably trip.

if you have the £200 it’s the rosin press for the win if you ask me.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 6

I think he's got a sous vide, unless he's had a recent addition.

I made brownies last night, not sure if I should try one now, i'm working later. I'm not very scientific when it comes to dosage, I might end up in a coma lol 

• Like 6

Picked one up almost brand new for £75 on the bay so couldn't resist.

I wouldn't pay £200 but it is a decent bit of kit, it's got a built in immersion blender that goes off every now and then to keep everything moving, which makes it slightly  different from other methods. It's nice to be able to chuck it all in push a button and let it do its thing, smell free pretty much too as it's all enclosed.

I've used it for oil, butter and tincture and have been happy with the results, I ran it twice on tincture to reduce it down further.

Cons: 2 cup minimum so only useful for big batches (I use 2 Oz in 2 cups).  So for small batches I use the  sous vide.

• Like 9

On 09/09/2020 at 9:23 AM, KC said:

I think he's got a sous vide, unless he's had a recent addition.

I made brownies last night, not sure if I should try one now, i'm working later. I'm not very scientific when it comes to dosage, I might end up in a coma lol 

I got one really cheap and im pretty happy with it to be fair.

I still use the sous vide for small batches.

I forgot I'd frozen some brownie slices, found em and me and the missus decided to have half each, missus thought they tasted too weedy so only had a 1/4. I ate the rest of hers and forgot how strong they were, we were battered, missus was still stoned the next morning and now has sworn off all of my baked goods lol she will still have a gummy, she says she knows where she is with a gummy lol

• Like 10

Thanks everyone some great replies and nice to see some variations in your processes. Some good food for thought thanks guys. :skin_up:

• Like 3

I’m a lazy sod so love my magic butter machine.

I also got the ‘love gloves’ ,jelly moulds and the decarb box with temperature gauge. (And the recipe book lol )

destroying my mums cancer one batch at a time :skin_up:

get great results without having to wait a week like I do when gassing out BHO. 

i tend to max out the decarbonised herb as I want my medicine to have a bang to it :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 6

And the bubble bags (forgot about them) 

never used the cleaning option.

A word of warning tho...... it scares the shit out of you if your blazing in the same room.

the blades suddenly spring to life every 20mins or so and you always forget about it lol 

cool flashy lights whilst it’s on making its magic. 

I tend to heat the ghee up a little (always use ghee and lecithin for a better product) before putting it in the machine....avoids burning issues :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

large.BCbutter.jpg

the jar on the left is canna butter from the magic butter machine.....a spoonful will put u on ur arse :skin_up:I only make it with top bud ...see how smooth and clear it is due to the ghee, lecithin and put through the bubble bags :skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, zen-ken said:

large.BCbutter.jpg

the jar on the left is canna butter from the magic butter machine.....a spoonful will put u on ur arse :skin_up:I only make it with top bud ...see how smooth and clear it is due to the ghee, lecithin and put through the bubble bags :skin_up:

I'm the same mate, clarified my own butter at first but was an annoying process so now just buy straight up ghee as I'm a lazy sod too lol

I also use bubble bags as find the 'love glove' is great for the initial squeeze, but lots of tiny particles of plant matter get through so I run it again through a finer mesh bubble bag.

I noticed they mention adding lecithin in the user guide for coconut oil but not for butter, I usually use lecithin in my recipes anyway but will try it in next batch of butter too, nice one.

E2a: I'll be making a batch of butter tomorrow and then making caramels with it so will document the infusion process with the butter machine and post it up with the caramel recipe in the cooking section.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 10

I'm thinking of getting one of these  :bong:

I've always used a pan before but it's a bit of a mission and not the best taste, does the job though :rofl:

@OLaC

Look forward to seeing the recipe :) Have you ever used it with some ABV? I've got a litre Kilner just about full of it... Mostly from a Mighty at 185 so it should still have a bit of oomph in it!! 

Cheers guys :yep:

FF

• Like 3