Resevoir connectors for blumats - 3/4" BSP to 8mm

seb88

I'm trying to figure out how best to connect my blumat system to my nutrient resevoir but I'm a bit confused with all the different standards and fittings.

The blumat system uses 8mm hosing and I need to connect this to my nutrient tank. The kit does come with a tank connector but it means drilling the tank and I'd like to avoid this if possible.

My tank already has a 3/4" BSP threaded hole in the bottom corner that I want to use.

There is a company in USA called 'sustainablevillage' and on their website they have a 'blumat filter - clear bowl 8mm'. It's a filter with the required 8mm hose connector for the blumat, and they have a few options to connect to 1/2" and 3/4" slip PVC. They also mention they can supply a 3/4" hose thread adaptor.

Will any of these options work with my 3/4" BSP fitting? 

Or is BSP a British standard thread that none of these will work with?

I have the option to buy a 3/4" BSP shut off valve with either a 3/4" or 1/2" hosetail that I can connect to my res, but unsure how to get the filter connected to this....

I'll grab some pics to try clear things up but I'm hoping somebody with a better idea of fittings/standards will have an idea of what I need!

Tank with 3/4" BSP threaded hole

large.5f561293f3afe_Screenshot_20200907-1155082.png

Tap kit / shut of valve - 3/4" BSP to either 3/4" or 1/2" hosetail

large.5f561291d541d_Screenshot_20200907-1156382.png

Blumat filter - 8mm adaptor for blumat

Options from website

'For the same price, we can also ship this with fittings for 1/2" drip, 3/8" drip, 1/2" & 3/4" slip PVC. For a little extra, we can provide a fitting for 3/4 hose thread or any combination of the above.'

large.WP15726-1100x1100h.jpg

Can I just buy some 3/4" 'slip PVC' (whatever that is?) and use this to connect the filter to the tap kit above? 

Hi Seb. I think i might be missing something but can't you just use one of these? Sorry the pic is so large. 8mm hose connector with 3/4 inch to connect to your tank. Surely then the filter just joins into your 8mm feed line after it leaves the res. The filter I use is one unity recommended and is much smaller and seems to work well. I think it was meant for car engines or petrol or something similar. 

large.s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

@ROCKSTEADY6 cheers mate I did see those on eBay and they mention an 8mm hose tail, but the photo is out of proportion, looks more like a 20mm but hopefully it's just a stock photo they use for all sizes.

They are cheap enough so I'll get one ordered and see if that's right :cheers:

• Like 1