Yellow mellow leaves

bongme

hi Greenies

my babies are 5 weeks in and only stand 7 inch some only 5 inch is this right for the time?

Also the bottom leaves are dying and are yellow is this natural, i believe it is. ?

Also when is it the best time the feed them sooner or later ?

Just somethings on my mind.

thanks in advance

Bongme

peace

Hi Bongme, What are your plants, var, seed, cuts? What are they growing in and what size pot?

With healthy plants in good compost all leaves except the cotyledons should remain fresh and green until they are deprived of light by the canopy closing in.

Look at the 'more roots' post I did for Arnold below.

Both those plants were 2 inch cuttings, they went into the current pots as soon as they were rooted 10 days ago, they were still 2 inches tall then. They have been under cool white Fluorescent at 20w per sq ft KC33 is very sat dom and is now 12 inches tall, the cs-c is one of my new hybrids I'm testing as a clone generation and about 5 inches. So one has grown 10 inches and the other 3 inches and all the leaves are green.

hi OT1

How are you ok mate :unsure:

My plants are from seed, thay are Bubblegum & K2

Thay are in 5 lite pots need to change to a gallen soon :D

thay are all green except the bottom leaves...

Thank you Ot1

oops forgot to add, am under 250 lamp am getting 600 soon.

Bongme

Bongme just to give you an example these rooted cuttings were pricked out into plug trays yesterday. each cell is 1.25 x 1.25 x 2 inches high. There are 20 cells per tray in the background. A single cell in the foreground has a slightly larger plant than I would usually use for demonstration purposes. Non the less it will happily root out the compost in the plug without being held back for at least a week. a plant this small just cant make use of a 5 litre pot yet.

post-59-1026314331_thumb.jpg

A better view of it, you can see it is healthy about 5 inches tall rather like your seedlings. When growing in soil based composts you only need as much compost as the plant can make use of, as soon as they have done that you move them on to a bigger container.

post-59-1026314409_thumb.jpg

hi OT

i see got you, next time round i will follow your advice as others should too ;)

thank you for that nice one OT

Bongme

we live we learn we prosper in the learning ;)

Hi chip cotyledons are the first little oval seed halves that open when the seed first germinates. They can photosynthesise a little but not as well as true leaves, mainly they are a food store that can also use light until the plant can generate its first true leaves.

Does that make sense?

Sorry I’m a bit stoned and shocked by Blunket’s statement! Cannabis to be class c but not until next July, but more to the point for dealing or growing it 14 years. What the fuck!!

Hi OT1

Thanks for the reply, that makes perfect sense.

I am also shocked by Blunkett's announcement. Seems like 1 step forward and then 2 back.

;)

Chip