Ionic Question

spillage

As things are moving along nicely and I should have the kit all set up in the next week or two I have started to look at what nutes to use as I want everything to be as ready as possible.

I was thinking of using Ionic hydro in my nft system along with silver bullet.

Having gone back through loads of posts I have still not found the info I am looking for.

I will be able to use up to 100lt in my tank, thinking of 4-6 plants and I am trying to work out how much ionic per lt I will need to use. Some have said 2.5 and other have mentioned up to 7ml. My baseline EC is zero and from the tap my PH is around 7. Would ionic and silver bullet raise my ph and what would you folks suggest regarding amount per litre and how many litres I should have in the tank. I will be around the check levels on a daily basis and any advice would be appreciated.

• Like 1

have you not got a ec and ph meter?

if not you're gonna have an uphill battle in NFT. 

i would start at 0.6 ec, and work your way up. ph to 5.6 and let it rise to 6.4 before resetting it with ph down

• Like 3

I run this combo in my nft system and have similar water : 0.5-0.75ml/litre calmag raises my EC to 0.4, and from there I start young plants on 3,5ml/l grow and increase as necessary.

as billy's said EC and pH meters are kind of vital in hydro, it's not the easiest to begin with but once it 'clicks' you'll be able to read your res and know what's going on and what to do :yep:

• Like 3

5 litre bottles work out cheaper than 1 litre bottles. if you are in it for the long run... i usually go with 5 litre tubs.

if you work out the capacity of the system and go with Ranecs dilution rates above, allow for a weekly change of res, and top ups, you will be able to tell pretty much how much you will need..

• Like 3

Ionic will lower the EC. You may not need ph down,but buy a bottle just in case.I have no idea of silver bullet. And as has been said,5litres are cheaper,about £30 a bottle.And it's good stuff as well. ATB mate :yep:

Cheers for all your help. I think I will go with 5lt of each. Sorry for the noob questions but this will be my first grow.

• Like 1