Introducing the AM-BOT Rosin press

M Pamplemousse

Good folks,

I'd like to present the AM-BOT Rosin press, possible the best 10t press design in the world.

The 'Arthur Mix Box Of Trix' is an Anglo French collaboration rarely seen in these post Brexit times. Designed by the great @Arthur Mix and built using both French and British parts and engineering skills, I will let the following pics do the talking.

I followed the exact design as per AM. Only minor issue is maplins no longer exist so I bought similar from rs components. Otherwise the same.

large.IMG_20200812_121152_738.jpg

Due to a different switch design, I had to wire this slightly differently but it wasn't complicated.

large.IMG_20200812_121314753.jpg

The completed box.

large.IMG_20200814_172129487.jpglarge.IMG_20200814_172206488.jpglarge.IMG_20200814_172338121.jpglarge.IMG_20200814_172409139.jpg

As per AM, 4 t pressure, 90c for 2 mins....

We'll fook me, I can see some rosin.....

large.IMG_20200814_172554324.jpglarge.IMG_20200814_172614301.jpg

Just like a snowflake, each 'pattern' is different/unique.....

large.1_IMG_20200815_112806_374.jpglarge.IMG_20200817_103333_469.jpg

After a bit of work I had breakfast sorted out.....

I have recently bought a pre press to make my pucks and this is an improvement. Larger sheets of paper have been ordered.

Loving the press @Arthur Mix. V simple instructions.

Currently getting about 15% return which I'm happy enough with.maybe this can be increased but to be honest I have more than enough material to make these sorts of details irrelevant to me. Besides, the squished stuff I am keeping to further extract at a latter date.

In summary, I love this press and I love rosin. It's a game changer for me and coupled with my sequoia and bubbler, I'm a very happy pamplemousse.... it's a clean high without the heavyness of spliffs. And it hits like a train... Buy lots of cotton ear buds!

All credit to AM. He is the guru.

• Like 13

Really great work here. I don’t know about presses but your wiring looks A1 for neatness. I fancy a home build at some stage and this looks maybe manageable. Can I ask what the dimensions are on that main part as it looks reasonably big? 

Mate you got to spend more time finishing your reno and less time building presses. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Really great work here. I don’t know about presses but your wiring looks A1 for neatness. I fancy a home build at some stage and this looks maybe manageable. Can I ask what the dimensions are on that main part as it looks reasonably big? 

Mate you got to spend more time finishing your reno and less time building presses. 

Haha... The setup is in my barn, hence the unrenovated look. I don't live in a cave..... Although when the boss finds out what I've spent, I may be on the look out for a cave dwelling.....

Not sure of the press dimensions. Will be on their web site. It's not massive but not as compact as the dabpress and others kit.

It was v easy to build.  @Arthur Mix instructions were clear and simple. Go for it. PS check evilbay for 2nd hand presses. To buy new is expensive.....

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
  • Like 3

Awesome job mate, was just reading arthur's guide the other day. Torn between building one or just hanging on for dabpress to restock in November :g:. After seeing yours and others I'm leaning towards the diy route.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

Awesome job mate, was just reading arthur's guide the other day. Torn between building one or just hanging on for dabpress to restock in November :g:. After seeing yours and others I'm leaning towards the diy route.

Hi. I went through same issue but dp gave me an earlier date and with the dates being further pushed back, I thought fuck it and went for it.

If you have the space then I would recommend the AM-BOT. But that press is biggish and in your face. I suspect the dp could be hidden in your cupboard etc.

However, the AM-BOT is stronger and made with better parts, all of which can be replaced easily. And price wise comparing like with like, this press is the same price as do 10t press...... 

Good luck

• Like 3

@M Pamplemousse that’s an awesome build you have done looks ace . A just a suggestion with one of my preferences, would be to use a Foil lined Parchment as an outer sleeve to the one that you using for pressing , ie the non foiled one the rosin goes on .  It helps to stop the parchment with the flowers on deforming or tearing under pressure . Happy squishing .:oldtoker: 

• Like 6