Rosin from older jarred bud?

sterling-archer

I keep reading over and over it wont be as clear but  its a moot point. 

What does it actually turn out like using say 7 month old jarred bud? Of course with RH etc set up right before hand. 

I have enough i want to press as i am using the latest to vape :)

Sterl

• Like 1

itll be browner than golden ..you might need to s;ightly rehydrate the nugs to get the most out of them ,,trial n error time

• Like 4

Put a small peel of potato skin, orange or lemon peel work equally well, into the jar for easy rehydration.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Put a small peel of potato skin, orange or lemon peel work equally well, into the jar for easy rehydration.

Bad idea if you don't want the bud taking on the smell and flavour of any of those.. Just get some Bovida packs in with them.. 

I one did the above with orange peel and it tasted shite.. 

Would you need to add moisture if you sifted first and then rosined the hash? (would like to know this personally as I have loads of old bud to sort through for extraction)

Edited by Exhale
spelling
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Would you need to add moisture if you sifted first and then rosined the hash? (would like to know this personally as I have loads of old bud to sort through for extraction)

@Arthur Mix 

Imho nope I only add drops when I want a hash to smoke . Dry sift yields well if it’s a good sift when rosined .

• Like 4

@Arthur Mix Morning mate how are you? thanks for the answer, I'm getting some screens soon but press will probably be next year when I have the time to build one.

Should I be okay to sift what I want and keep it in jars ready for the press or should I keep it on the flower until nearer the time? I've got Jars with material that need emptying and condensing down so I was hoping I could start sifting and save the sift in smaller jars squirreled away somewhere.

A joke isn't it when you have too much weed lol struggled to keep myself in tow with the 250w hps and now the LED's give me too much return!

• Like 1

Planning makin a wee sift box myself for next crop

Nothing big just a wee box for a wee extra treat whiles a bit like the occasional squish for rosin

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 1

@Exhale to get quality sift you need a minimum of one work screen and one to clean up the first sift.  You could just get a work screen to condense and then get another screen later to refine. As for storage I have sift in a Jyarz glass lined pot large one. The sifts been there over a year and is still fresh imo. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Also is it possible to use one screen size for separating the resin from the plant just for squishing? :yep:

slippy one done a nice easy to read thread on sifting m8

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone

I have some enormous kilner jars that take a lot, drink ones corked so i can use a humidity pack and gauge and set them back to optimum Rh 60 ish

Sounds like its all good though basically as long as the rh is ok and I don't mind the color. 

Dry sift is a good move for sure but i dont have a tumbler...... Yet :)

My friend ran my popcorn for me bho style kindly as he has the oven etc

Got a a5 slab back off him and half a grain of rice dab knocked my arse off lol

Concentrates... 

Sterl

Edited by sterling-archer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

The sifts been there over a year and is still fresh imo. 

Sweet I need to revisit that thread.:yep:

Maybe its just down here but humidity is mental.Just leave dry cured nugs on kitchen side for an hour and its spongy.

Perfect for pressing I suppose, if nugs are cured.

Edited by icki