Spider mite cleaning up after

blueovalbug

Morning hope every one is OK so currently having fun with spider mites I'm 9 weeks in flower today so I'm not going to start spraying anything it more about cleaning my tent /equipment after what do you all recommend can I buy anything good from my local shop jeyes fluid or disenfectant etc any help would be appreciated as I don't really want them coming back wen I start again.. 

Agricultural pesticides from local grow shop is my advice.

I purchased a 10ml bottle for £15.  0.5ml per litre of water, in a mister and spray everything.  Do same again 4 days later.

4 days is massively important as this is the time new eggs hatch and you want them eradicated also - So no more future bugs.

Working for me anyways.

Hello mate, I use harkers mectin, which is Spot On but for pigeons. It cost about a tenner for a small bottle, from fleabay, bang 0.5ml per liter in a spray bottle and spray away. It should kill the little fucks. Its toxic as fuck and proper nasty, but is great for doing a clean like you are. If you still have them after that look in to Hot Shots, these are even more toxic and really, really nasty but work. But be careful, these are banned in California, as they think they MAY cause cancer...if you do use these, turn your extraction fan off in your empty room and leave for 3 days. then have a look. These will fuck your plants if used too close to them ( made my leaves go all wrong, 3 blades, that sort of thing). This is the last resort and there are plenty of natural ways to do the same thing but less affective if you have had mites before, they tend to over come poisions after a few generatons hence the nickname Borg.

Good luck, kill the little fucks!!!

Thanks you replys  are the smoke bomb things any good my tent is I'm my outhouse so I might set 1 or 2 off in there anyway its not the cleanest of buildings

Bug bombs.

Bomb the tent/room.  It's the only way to get all the fuckers in my experience.

If your between crops and don't have anything in flower you can use the more aggressive pesticides available in the likes of b&q too, just make sure you spray everything/where and repeat a few days later to get the new hatchlings.. Something like bugclear.

But yeah bugbombs ftw imo.

i'd recommend a wallpaper steamer 

as long as you can get a nice jet of steam from the tubes,  mine has a detachable head so you can get right into tight corners with, in effect, a nozzle and a jet of superheated steam it'll get into cracks in floorboards and seams of tents,  the steam will kill anything it touches,  if you are systematic and cover the whole grow space you can eradicate them,  i had issues a few years back,  steamed every item in my grow room washed and cleaned everything and *touch wood i haven't seen them since 

steam will kill all stages of their growth too,  it'll be more environmentally friendly than spraying bleach and disinfectant everywhere,  also used it to remove bedbugs my cat brought into my bedroom, just steamed the whole bed mattress and frame.... gone 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 26/08/2020 at 11:29 AM, Dodgee said:

Bug bombs.

Bomb the tent/room.  It's the only way to get all the fuckers in my experience.

If your between crops and don't have anything in flower you can use the more aggressive pesticides available in the likes of b&q too, just make sure you spray everything/where and repeat a few days later to get the new hatchlings.. Something like bugclear.

But yeah bugbombs ftw imo.

Bit of a thread resurrection here but do you need to take any precautionary measures when you use these? 

Eg. Remove LED lights, cover fans or carbon filters?