Bubba's Gift from the cupboard

BodhiGarden

So first diary starts here. Got some free Bubba's Gift recently with some other HSO goodies I ordered and have decided to pop these first. Positive reviews and meant to flower quickly so here goes.

They will be vegged under a 125w cfl and then put under 100w mars hydro led for flower.

Forgot to take any pics but they were in water for 12 hours and both were showing a taproot this morning so quite vigorous little ones that can't wait to get going.

Potted straight into the little square pots, using peat free organic garden centre compost with a little ecothrive charge added.

large.IMG_20200825_221249135-01.jpeg

Hopefully these two appear before too long. Meanwhile tomorrow I'll be preparing the veg space for these as have others in the flowering area at the mo.

Anyhows peace out and remember to take it easy peoples :yep:

• Like 5

This morning they had both appeared above the soil and this is them this evening.

large.IMG_20200827_180315772-01.jpeg

They have been on the windowsill today but are now going under a CFL on 24/0 for a week. Managed to get the little veg area sorted, so that's sure going to be handy in the future.

Expect I shall update in a weeks time with how things are going. :yinyang:

• Like 4

Day late with the update as deleted pics last night by accident :doh:

Been a bit of work getting the veg cab set up this week to get things running more smoothly whilst keeping it stealthy, think I'm there now with it.

As you can see one set of leaves in particular suffered a tad on both plants. Temp was too high and humidity too low for the little ones. Compost is probably a bit too hot aswell tbh. Can't see it being an issue and should recover fine, especially when repotted in a few days time with some nice fresh compost. 

large.IMG_20200904_170135-01.jpeglarge.IMG_20200904_170221-01.jpeglarge.IMG_20200904_170231-02.jpeg

Switching to 20/4 light from tonight. Repot in a few days time.

Hope every one has a chilled weekend. :yinyang:

• Like 4

Alright there @BodhiGarden

Bubbas Gift is an absolute top shelf strain I can confirm that for you, a fairly hardy plant too, we used it in the 2018 PNC with great results all round mostly.

Sure it flowers quick enough to be labbled a fast flowering plant, iirc I took her around fifty days might have even been a little bit earlier, the old brain struggles to remember anything that was more than a day old lol

Good luck with the rest of your grow,

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 3

@Jibba jabba 

She sounds perfect for my needs then. Nice to know she was used in the PNC! Should be able to cope with whatever I throw at her in that case. Will have to go check out the diarys :yep:.

Thanks for stopping by. :yinyang:

• Like 3

No issues with either really this week. They got potted up on Tuesday. Decided to spread the garden centre compost on the flower bed, wasn't happy with the roots and full of fungus gnats so wasn't a hard decision. So now I'm back using the proper stuff, local hydro shop didn't have much selection but picked up some plant magic. Lovely textured stuff it is.

This is them after potting up.

large.IMG_20200908_194916-01.jpeg

This is them this evening.

large.IMG_20200911_231035-01.jpeg

As you can see ones a bit ahead of the other. The shorter one had a bit of rough handling during transfer to new pot and also didn't get her straight so currently a bit of a wavy stem lol. They also had their first feed today. Roughly 1ml/L of biobizz bio grow.

That's about it I think. Only plans for this week is to top them in a couple of days time. 

Take it easy peeps. :yinyang:

Edited by BodhiGarden
  • Like 2

@BodhiGarden bubbas gift is a nice plant to grow, i av literally just cut mine down today although mine was in dwc. I had an issue but I think that was my own doin so u shouldnt av a problem, the issue hasn't put me off though as ive just popped 5 more seeds to do it again this time round hopefully wiv no issues so I can compare the side by side at the end. All the best wiv ur grow 

• Like 3

Ye I was impressed but feel I didn't do it justice because of the issue,hence the re run. I'll prob do another diary as I'm gonna do 4 in coco under a 600 zeus and a single dwc under a 600 zeus to see which performs best. Should be interesting. 

• Like 4

Have now topped both. One was a bit fiddly but hopefully all's ok.

large.IMG_20200913_134752-01.jpeg

The plan now is to let them grow out then top once more. Depending on how fast they grow they may or may not get that extra topping.

As my actual flowering space is very restricted on width all other branches below this point will be removed as we progress.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Alright there @BodhiGarden

They certainly appear to appreciate the new extra medium available form the recent pot up.

The topping looks good to my eyes mate.

Tidy all round in here :punk: 

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 2

Sorry I've not been great with the updates, getting lazy... Plus it hurts my knees getting down there lol.

Here's the veg cab from a few days ago (17th in fact)

large.IMG_20200917_161725-02.jpeg

Both bubba's gift at the back.

Not much to say, growing as they should be so happy here. Might repot tomorrow as need to get these moving along really.

Till next time. :yinyang:

• Like 3

Ok things seem to be progressing nicely now. Almost a month old.

Have been repotted into 2L (I think) pots. Wasn't much bigger really so expect these will soon root out. I think I might make the next pot up the final one, so will be going into 6 litres.

Have also been topped twice now, which looks to be ok.

Only been feeding the grow, ~2ml per litre at the mo. Need to give them a dose of epsom this week.

This one is the most vigorous, loads of root growth, and generally a little bit ahead of the other.

large.IMG_20200927_224422-01.jpeglarge.IMG_20200927_224446-01.jpeg

This ones not quite as advanced. Still got four nice main stems developing. As you can see she started to alternate after the first topping.

large.IMG_20200927_224258-01.jpeglarge.IMG_20200927_224310-01.jpeg

Thanks for dropping by, hope everyones weekend is chill. :yinyang:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Note to self and updates:

Repotted today into 6L pots, their finals.

Plant magic soil

Rootgrow granules

Ecothrive charge

Watered with 1ml grow per litre

So sorry for lack of pics but they are coming along nicely. Getting too big for my veg space (have burnt a top, my bad).

On the topic of lighting the CFL has been switched out for a dimmable LED 100w light (set to ~40w) which means am now LED from start to finish.

Everyone had a lil epsom this week also.

Pics will follow asap! :yinyang:

• Like 2