Need advice with lighting

P.M

What's up everyone, I've been researching a lot about lighting and still haven't found an answer, I'm planning to grow in a 1ftxftx2ft grow box, if I'm not mistaken that's 1 square foot, most websites I come across recommend 32w (LED) per square foot, I'm interested in a Sansi 36w LED bulb I came across on Amazon, however I've seen other forums where people are growing in much smaller spaces such as PC's and people are telling them even 80w+ is too small, so does that mean I should just ignore the whole "light required per square foot" thing?

Honestly...think of another way to do this.

Even with a tiny growspace you'll still stink out your gaff so will need extraction,filtration etc etc...then the risk of growing...is it worth the hassle for an eighth or So?

It would be cheaper and allot easier to buy your bud.

I know.thats not the ethos of this site and probably not what you want to hear but it's the reality of the situation.

As for your question...theres only one way to find out!! I think 1x1x2 is 2sq ft

Good luck in your endeavours

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Honestly...think of another way to do this.

Even with a tiny growspace you'll still stink out your gaff so will need extraction,filtration etc etc...then the risk of growing...is it worth the hassle for an eighth or So?

It would be cheaper and allot easier to buy your bud.

I know.thats not the ethos of this site and probably not what you want to hear but it's the reality of the situation.

As for your question...theres only one way to find out!! I think 1x1x2 is 2sq ft

Good luck in your endeavours

Damn, an 8th is what I'd get from a 1x1x2 grow box? I was planning to grow an auto with LST, and I've been looking into carbon filters but the ones you buy online seem overkill for 1 plant, so I was gonna make a d.i.y one. What would you say the minimum space & light would be for at least a half oz is?

• Like 1

I was trying to push my point home a little mate.

You may get half oz...but 1 of my plants uses more space than your whole grow just for the compost.

I'm no.expert in micro grows mate,I think you've gotta harvesting decent amounts to make the daily watering,initial setup,risk etc worth while.

I wouldn't grow in less.than 1mx1m tbh

• Like 2

It is a small space but it’s quite possible to get an ounce with skill and a decent light. I got 6 oz from my 2x2 tent. Might be worth asking @diyleduk on this forum for best advice for a light.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Degsy said:

Any reason you can't have a bigger grow ?

Yes, I live in a shared house, so I want to keep the electricity bill as low as possible, and it will be in the same room I sleep in, the other tenant is into weed as well so if the smell does get out of control it's not as bad as it could be.

9 minutes ago, Mort said:

Hi @P.M consider what you realistically smoke each week/month and go from there :smokin:

All the best

:yep:

I smoke about a Q a week, I know such a small grow won't nearly cover that, but I genuinely want to get into growing, I've grown outdoors in the past, got 2x Sensi Seeds Afghani autos in my greenhouse at the moment, I want to start a micro indoor grow just so I have some extra bud when I've finished my Afghani 

In the search function look up micro grows and take some inspiration,kitchen units are a good size as are modified under counter fridges,look up scrogging using a net to keep the canopy level.As has been said you may consider something bigger,this will save you buying shit twice over (fans/filters etc).

Spend some time reading and take notes until you see what you feel is best,patience is the first thing you need whatever you decide.

And remember "no smell,no tell,no sell" will keep you safe.

:yep:

• Like 3

1ft square is entirely possible, but I would go for more height if at all poss. Makes it easier. @Phoenix used to grow successfully in 1sq ft. My own grow is 1.5 sq ft and get more than enough for myself, but I toke less than you :) whatever you decide, be sure to involve a decent carbon filter, 1 plant in flower will STINK. 

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

You will need a lot better light than what you plan to use and 1 plant is not much I wouldnt bother cos the electric cost for running the lights required is alot I'm paying £10 a day